Shattered Part II - 71

As the night wears on I'm having fun with the help of the man that's sitting beside me. Without him being here I don't think I'd be able to make it through the night. He squeezes my leg when I go quiet.

Leaning towards me he whispers. "Are you okay?"

A slight smile appears on my face. "I think I am. The night started terribly because I didn't want to face my siblings without you, but I'm glad that I came out of my room to see them."

"Did you forgive them? Or are you only saying to make them leave you alone?"

He knows me well enough to know that I said it so they would leave me alone.

When I don't say anything I'm sure he knows it's the latter. He wraps his arms around me and lifts me from the seat I was sitting on. "I want you to sit with me."

Jasper looks over at us and says. "You two are adorable. It's been a long time since I've seen a couple that is as happy as the two of you. You've upgraded since you broke up with Austin." He looks at my stomach and adds. "How far along are you?"

When I tell him he whispers. "Fuck," I know I'm not supposed to hear it but I do. Then Jasper's eyes land on Chad. "How are you okay with raising another man's child? If I were I would have run a mile from the woman."

Dana slaps her husband at the back of his head. "Don't be an asshole. This is the reason why you haven't seen your family. Why are you trying to cause trouble for them?"

Chad's eyes narrow as he looks at my brother. "I'm not running because I love your sister. I've loved her for a while and I didn't have enough courage to ask out an angel like her. Back then I was a demon and now this angel needs a knight and I'm that for her. Love conquers all and if you don't get that, then you're an asshole."

A giggle escapes my lips. "I couldn't have said that any better, Chad." Standing up I look around the fire at my family and say. "I don't give a fuck what you all think of Chad and me. We're happy and that's all that matters." Walking over to Mom I kiss her cheek and whisper. "I tried with them. I'm not going to do this again. Have a good night."

Chad holds his hand out to me and I take it as we walk towards the pool house. "How long do you think you're brother was waiting to say something like that?"

"All night." I spin around and say. "I was starting to get tired while I was with them. I swear they burn my energy out when I'm in the same room as them for a short amount of time."

He throws his head back and laughs. "I was starting to see that." Opening the door we walk into the pool house. "What do you want to do since we're alone?"

I pull the blinds across making sure that my entire family is blocked from our views. Pulling the dress over my head I stand in the room with the black boy shorts I wore and a matching bra. "What do you want to do me?" I tease him.

Standing up Chad moves towards me and wraps his arms carefully around my body. "I want to fuck you hard and fast. I'd love to bend you over a table, but at the same time I'm resisting that because I want the baby to be safe."

For the first time tonight, I look at the man tonight and can tell that something is affecting him, but he's been busy trying to make things better for me.

Now, is the time that I find out what's bothering him.

Leading him over to the bed I push him to a seated position and say. "Something is eating at you, Chad. I need to know what's going on so I can help you."

He places his head in his hand and whispers. "You can't help me with this Eliza. I had..." he trails off like he doesn't know how to say what to tell me.

Wrapping my arms around him I say. "I can handle anything, Chad. There's a thing from my past that I live with every day. Sometimes, it's hard to forget that I did it, but I somehow know that I did it to save myself and others from the fate that other victims didn't survive."

Chad's head lifts and looks at me. "What did you do?"

Standing up I move towards the window and cross my arms. I can't look at him as I tell him this story. "One night I was with friends until one of them got sick and they rushed her to the hospital. There wasn't enough room in the car for me and I told them that I would walk home." I close my eyes and continue the story. "There was a rapist in town taking girls, raping and killing them. They called him The Shadow Stalker. Because he would come out of the shadows and take his victims. That night I was supposed to be his victim."

"Fuck," Chad whispers.

Dad gave me a switchblade which I carried with me all the time. I had it in my shoe for an emergency. That night I had to use it.

Chad climbs out of the bed and wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck. "You don't need to tell me anymore. I'm sorry you went through that."

Turning in his arms a few tears fall. "I'm not. Because two things happened that night. One I killed the most wanted serial killer. Two I saved a lot of women from my town. Before he could touch me I killed him. There was a witness to this and he backed up my story."

"Who was the witness?"

"An undercover detective. When everything went down he called it in and the police were at the scene quick. That night I was questioned."

"Do your parents know about this?"

Shaking my head I say. "The police kept it all hush-hush. They just told the press that The Shadow Stalker had been killed and nothing else was said about it. Not once have I felt guilty about it."

"Damn," he whispers. "Thanks for telling me the story. I told you the truth about talking to Luca before I left the club, but there's a lot I left out."

"I knew there was more to the story. Please, tell me."

Chad carries me over to the bed and lies me on it. He pulls his pants down and grabs a condom from the nightstand. He slides it on before, moving the boy shorts to the side and thrusting his cock inside me. "The family of the guy that was shot last night was going to come after us." he keeps thrusting into me. "I got his address off Luca before he could come after us. I shot him in the head and then burnt his club to the ground with his men inside."

Fuck, this man is deadly and I'm glad he did what he did to protect our family.