Shattered Part II - 20

After visiting the mall I head back to Whitehall Industries to catch up with my sister. When I walk through the building I'm stopped by the security team as I approach the elevator.

The male security guy has dark spiked hair and the lightest blue eyes ever. His arms are covered in tattoos and a scar running across his face. Giving him the dangerous kind of look. "Excuse me, Miss. What are you doing here? You can't just walk into this building like you own it. Who are you and what business do you have here?" He stands over me.

My hands begin to shake as he starts to freak me out.

I've never felt like this before.

Taking a couple of deep breaths I say. "I'm Eliza Donoghue. The sister of Katrina Vance."

He shakes his head. "I can't let you up without the permission of the boss. I'm going to have to escort you out of the premises." Grabbing my arm harshly he pulls me towards the door.

"LET ME GO!" I scream. "Please, call Chad. He'll let you know that I'm supposed to be here."

The other security guy looks over at me and says. "I'll call him. Derek, let the girl go. She seems harmless to me."

Derek lets go of my arm and he watches me carefully. "We've had girls like you claim to know him, but they were just girls he had drinks with a couple of times and they had it in their heads they were dating."

"I'm not like that." I start to feel dizzy and move over to the nearest chair.

Derek follows closely behind. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to sit down before I pass out. You hovering over me like this isn't good as I'm PREGNANT and that type of stress isn't good for the baby. Would you mind stepping away from me?"

He doesn't listen to me and crosses his arms. Looking over at the other security guy he says. "What did the boss say, James?"

James stands up and moves out from behind the station. "He's coming down here to personally deal with it. It looks like this girl doesn't know our boss as well as she says and Kat's not her sister."

This guy doesn't know a thing. I can't wait to see Chad chew these guys a new asshole. That's what they deserve after the way they treated me.

The door to the elevator opens, Chad and Kat step out. When they see me, Kat runs over to me and throws her arms around me. "Are you okay, Liz?"

"Yeah," she touches my arm, the one that Derek held tightly and I wince. Pulling up the sleeve I see the skin is bruised.

Fuck.

Katrina spins around on her heel and looks at the two men close to us. "Which one of you fuckers put their hands on my sister?" she points to the bruise. "You hurt my sister and it's not going to stand."

Chad pulls her aside and whispers. "I've got this Kat. Take your sister upstairs. I'll talk to you when I get back."

She sends daggers to both men. Before helping me stand and leading me to the elevator. The door opens and we step inside.

It doesn't take long before we're on the thirtieth floor. As we step out of the elevator I see Lisa with her bag slung over her shoulder. She has a scowl on her face.

She's still not happy with not knowing who I am and the connections I have in this place.

Katrina looks between us and when she picks up on the hostility between us. She says. "Lisa, I want you to meet the new hire, Eliza. She's also my sister. If you don't put those claws away I'm going to shove my foot so far up your ass, you're going to have problems sitting."

Lisa flips her off, before stepping into the elevator. Her eyes harden on me. "I'm going to make sure that this bitch is out of the office before she can finish her first day at the office. You know I'm good at making people leave this place. There's no way I'll be getting fired because a tart like her decides to work for this company. She's going to have problems with other workers here."

The elevator leaves the floor without her in it. "Damn, it. You made me miss that."

"Cry me a river," Kat says. "If you turn anyone against my sister you should reconsider your position in this office. I have a sway over the boss and if I think anyone is breaking the code of conduct I'm going to report it to him. The threat you've said right now is cause for an investigation. So, do us a favour and keep this bullshit to yourself. Don't forget the name, Eliza. She's the new girl." She takes my hand and pulls me towards Chad's office.

When we get to the room she opens the door and sits on the couch. Patting the spot next to her. "Come sit."

Moving over to the black leather chair I sit next to my sister. "Are those security guys like that all the time?"

She shakes her head. "This is the first time an incident like this has happened. Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

"That Derek guy freaked me out. The way he was towering over me and his eyes were glued to me. What's with the scar across his face?"

The door to the office opens and Chad walks through the door. "Eliza, I apologise for the way you were treated back there. I spoke to them and they're embarrassed for the way they treated you. I put them on probation because I didn't like the way you were treated when you came back for your sister." He closes the door to the office and sits behind his desk. He crosses his arms on the desk and looks at me. "You asked about the scar on Derek's face?"

I nod.

"He was in an accident. It gives him a dangerous vibe which is why I hired him. He's also the type of man that you don't want to cross anywhere. I gave him a chance after I witnessed the good he was doing at a nightclub, but when the club shut its doors I knew I wanted him here. He took the job offer and we haven't looked back."

"Can we go home, Kat? I'm feeling exhausted. When will I feel normal again?"

She laughs. "Everyone has different symptoms when it comes to pregnancy. I've been feeling fine and that's just the way I like it. Next Wednesday I have an appointment with the Doctors. So, I'll be running a little."

"That's not a problem." He looks at me. "Do you think you'll be able to manage two phone lines for about an hour or two?"

"I'll manage, Chad. It was good to see you again." Standing up I head towards the door and open it. I step out of the room and head towards the elevator.

Kat follows me a couple of minutes later and we wait for the elevator to come to the floor.