Shattered Part II - 45

Chad's POV

Parking the car in the office carpark I head to the elevator and press the button. I wait for the doors to open and when it does I step onto the elevator and it takes me to the top floor. There's music that plays in the background and it's some country song and it's very catchy. It makes me want to get back in my car and drive around.

The elevator reaches the top floor and I move towards my office. when I get to my room I start up the computer and then pick up the phone. I call the florist that's down the road from here and ask them to deliver a bunch of roses during the day to the office.

I think Eliza deserves flowers to brighten up her work area. She's the only woman that I want to buy flowers for. I did buy some for Kat once, but she gave me a lecture about why it's not good to give some to her. that afternoon Sebastian came to the office and asked why I bought them for her. I told him it was a thank you for all the work she's done for me. I was pleased with the way she was helping me run it.

Pulling the chair out I sit behind my computer and start working. While I'm in the middle of adding stuff to a document I look at the time and see that Eliza isn't in yet. she's still got fifteen minutes until she needs to be here. lifting my phone I call Eliza. It rings a couple of time before her beautiful voice answers the call and it sends shivers down my spine.

Eliza: Hello, this is Eliza.

Me: How long will you be?

Eliza: I'm stuck in traffic. It might take some time before I get to the office. Can you transfer the office calls to my phone? I'll make notes as I make my way to the office if anyone calls.

Me: Okay, what am I going to do if someone comes into the office?

Eliza: Stick your head out the door every half an hour. I don't think you have anyone coming by this morning. When I get to the office I'll tell you everything.

Me: Drive safe here, Eliza.

Eliza: I will. See you soon.

She hangs up before I can reply. Standing up I move towards her desk and transfer the calls to her cell. Once that's done I walk down the hall and into the kitchen. where I make myself a coffee.

While I'm in the kitchen I notice something is off and try to think what it could be and as my brain tries to catch up I think 'Lisa' she's not here. this is her usual place to hang out while the rest of us do our jobs. I make my way to her office and see she's not there either.

What's going on that's causing some of my employees to be late for their job?

Walking back to my office I turn the TV on and see a truck that's crashed into the back of the car and the angle of the news reporter makes it look like there's someone trapped in the car. scrap that. There are two people in the car and there's gas on the road.

Shit, that bloody truck's going to explode. There are several people that I know that use that road.

Picking up the phone I call Sebastian. The phone rings a couple of times before he picks up.

Sebastian: Hey, Chad. What can I do for you?

Me: There's an accident on the main road to the hospital and it looks like it can explode.

Sebastian: Kat called us earlier and we're on the road.

Me: Can you do a u-turn and take a different way to the hospital?

Sebastian: No, we're close to the scene of the accident. It's pointless for us to turn back.

Me: Do you think Eliza would want to hear you say that?

Sebastian: No, she'd prefer that we got safely to where we need, but if she made it past we will too.

Me: Call me when you get to the hospital. I want to know that you made it there safely.

Sebastian: I will. Bye, Chad.