Chapter 110 - Assured Destruction

HIDDEN ELVEN KINGDOM OF ALTAIR

A few days ago.

Their massive magic barrier surrounding their sanctuary were almost destroyed by the massive amount of Azalean airships breaking through.

Their warriors gathered all their weapons and took their defensive position on what seems to be a sudden invasion by their distant kin.

It was a surreal sight to behold as dozens of airships clouded the high mountain ranges that is serving as their natural barrier. Anyone would be edge when witnessing such fleet emerging out of nowhere.

To calm down the apparent tense situation. The Azalean Flagship bearing their Royal Insignia quickly descended and Princess Penelope also quickly showed herself as a sign of peace.

After a few explanations and apologies from both parties. The 'Altairners' welcomed their kin to the Kingdom. The Azalean fleet then scrambled to find any available space to dock or park.

Princess Penelope and the Azaleans were warmly received by the Altanairian Queen. Penelope quickly discussed why they are there in a hurry. She detailed about a possible magical attack from a higher being originating from the Empire of Scolus. However the Queen doesn't display any signs of surprise.

Later that day, Princess Penelope revealed that she had escaped from Cardonia along with technically their Crown Prince and his small entourage.

The Queen immediately allowed the Cardonians to disembark from the Azalean airship. After offering some refreshments and time to rest. She summoned the now Cardonian Crown Prince for a tri-party dialogue.

The dialogue was to be held inside the great holy tree in the middle of the Kingdom. Wherein a beacon of light could be now observed by the Cardonians which is probably the source of the magical barrier around the mountains.

"We have met again Your Highness. I send my condolences for the sad fate of your King. Let the wind guide his soul to Paradise." said Prince Frodo Altanar as he reached to shake the hands of the Cardonian Prince.

The close door dialogue then proceeded. Only the Royalties and a few priests of the Church of the Green Star knew what have happened inside the room.

Away from the privy eyes and curious ears. The Queen discloses about the prophecy that the Imperial Princess spoke of. It is very much true as their arch priests have repeatedly received visions from the Goddess of the Green Star, Nehlia. She foretold about a forthcoming disaster that involves her rebellious sisters. She has warned her other sisters and God himself about the weakening status of the barrier that is imprisoning the two rebels and their followers. But they were too busy in creating more worlds that they don't heed her warnings.

"Seek the help of the renegade country serving my sister Azhura. They hold other wordly weapons that would enable you to fend the forces of evil before it is too late. My sisters have grown lenient, this forthcoming disaster wouldn't be solve by summoning heroes."

The Queen then added how tje traditional way of summoning heroes from the other world wouldn't cut this forthcoming doomsday. They would lack the number and sheer firepower that would be needed to defend this world from her rebellious sisters. The Goddesses would end up acting too late and wouldn't be able to save or prevent this cataclysm.

It must be fate that Cardonia returned at the same time that the magical barriers are at their limit. It would also be a good opportunity for the country to atone for their greatest sin, hopefully enough to regain their magic.

The meeting then went on for a couple of hours. And as the sun sets, the Cardonian officials were at the edge considering the supposedly short meeting was dragging along to the night.