Chapter 39 - Deployment

Day 1

The Endeavour slowly steams on the Bay of Esden. Hundreds of Sailors, Marines and Soldiers man the rails. On her bow the Regent stands alone, he majestically flies the Cardonian flag. On her flight deck, six AH-64D's are in full display, armed to the teeth.

A large crowd has gathered on the coast, on top of buildings or balconies, all are cheering for the departure of the largest naval task force Cardonia has assembled. Everyone was waving a Cardonian flag both small and large.

*GOOD MORNING CARDONIA! WE ARE HERE LIVE AT THE ESDEN COASTAL PARK. As you can see the Cardonian task force are heading for battle. The Crown Prince is also on board the Endeavour despite various protests that he will be endangered, you can see him proudly flying our flag. The government didn't disclose what is their true objective for obvious security reasons. A small Archesian company is joining them. You can see their flag being flown on Endeavour's aft by, what is believed as their Head Knight.*

Following the flagship are two Region Class Landing Ship Tanks the Aksten, Embrama, the Cheer a Replenishment ship, the Emperor sole active destroyer on the fleet and two of the R Class Frigates the Revenge, Renown and Flower Class Corvettes the Rose, Lillac and finally the hospital ship, Helper. A total of ten ships. The crowds gathered as the fleet slowly departed. It was a scene that can be compared when the Royal Navy leaves Portsmouth for the Falklands.

Meanwhile on Cleos, the same grand sendoff is occuring, the second fleet here consist of two of the Region Class LST's the Ruhdbren and Coigor , the Scout an OHP class frigate, the Remembrance a R-Class frigate and two of the Flower class corvettes the Tulip and Sunflower. A total of six strong ships.

On Aklea, a city on the far northwest, three Storm Class Type 209-1400 submarines the Squall, Maelstrom and Typhoon quietly leaves their home port. Combined, the whole fleet consists of a mere 19 ships and they set their sights on the Northern Island.

...

Day 2

EMPIRE OF SCOLUS
HALL OF WAR
6 PM LOCAL TIME

"The Cardonians have departed in a granduer sendoff! An invasion is imminent!"

"Heh, the Cardonian are coming huh?!"

"They should prepare themselves the Emperor himself planned this large ambush." said an Admiral

"HAHAHA, A dozen ships against 2000 ships. Let's see them try and utterly fail. I am getting excited Admiral, I need to board one of your ships!" excitingly said by one of the Senior Generals.

A soldier then immediately rushes towards the room.

"CARDONIAN FLYING OBJECT WAS SPOTTED!"

"What's with the ruckus, they constantly do that. I am getting used to it by now to be honest." one of the Generals said, with almost everyone agreeing.

The P-3s regularly do surveillance missions up above the clouds. Out of range of their wyverns and the very few airships they bought from the Dylaslans.

"NO, SIR THEY ARE THREE OF THEM AND THEY ARE FLYING LOW!"

The military officials were startled and they immediately ran towards the  balcony and saw this planes flying low and in formation.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING! LAUNCH THE WYVERNS!"

...

"Weapons hot! Bomb bay doors open! Target lasing!"