Chapter 12

A few days had passed and Kirito had spent most of his days with Asuna. Asada-san had given the chance to be on ALO for a while, yet it was a bit unsettling for her to be there.

Each battle when Kirito would say "switch" she would hesitate and let Asuna have the run. It seemed liked each day he wouldn't notice her there with them.

Sinon shook her head and walked away from them, talking to Silica and Klein.

"Eh, I'm so tired!" Klein exclaimed.

"You're always so tired after a battle." Silica laughed.

Klein shrugged and laughed as well. Sinon smiled a bit and looked down on the ground. Klein must have noticed, since he nudged her shoulder. She looked up quickly.

"What's on your mind?" he asked.

Asuna and Kirito being together was on her mind. She couldn't help but think on how it tied her stomach up in knots just seeing them together. Though, she wanted Asuna to be with Kirito. That was all she ever wanted for Asuna.

"Nothing," she said.

"You sure are quiet today," he said.

Silica nodded, Pina giving a small roar. Sinon's ears twitched a bit as she sighed.

"I'm just trying to figure out a piece of a puzzle in my mind," Sinon said.

That was true. She needed to gather up all the pieces and pick herself up. She couldn't let their relationship bother her. Silica stretched out her arms and yawned.

"I have to go now. I'll meet up with you guys later. Bye," she said and took out her log.

Sinon and Klein waved bye at her as she clicked the log out button and disappeared. Sinon thought about logging out too, but she didn't want to leave Klein alone. She turned to face him and he was scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Eh, Sinon...I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Would you...would you like to go out with me today?"

Sinon stared at him for a moment, not knowing what to say. Klein waited for an answer, his eyes with a hint of desperation. There was an awkward silence until she responded.

"Sure."

He smiled widely and grabbed her hand. Sinon slightly laughed at him, keeping her distance. Klein seemed like a great guy but at times he was just way over the top.

"What's this?" a voice asked from behind.

Both Sinon and Klein looked back to see Asuna and Kirito walking towards them. Sinon frowned and slipped her hand out of Klein's.

"Well turns out I have a date tonight," Klein bragged.

"Really?" Kirito asked a bit surprised.

Klein gave a cocky smile, making Sinon feel a bit uncomfortable about the subject.

"That's nice, Klein. Looks like your chance has come," Kirito joked.

"Eh! What is that supposed to mean?"

Kirito laughed.

She watched as Klein argued with him, stepping away slowly, trying not to get noticed. Suddenly, Asuna gave out a small giggle, which stopped the two boys from arguing.

"How about we double date it?" she asked.

"Lets not get ourselves involved, Asuna," Kirito said.

"It'll be nice," Asuna said.

"Hmm, not a bad idea. Do you mind if Asuna and Kirito tag along, Sinon?" Klein asked.

She felt them turn their heard towards her, her heart pounding quickly. She didn't like the atmosphere around here. No. She felt the pressure all around her.

"Not at all..."

In fact, she did mind. She didn't want them to be with them but then again she didn't want to be alone with Klein.

"So it is. I'll meet you guys at the restaurant around the corner," he said. "See you there."

Klein gave a salute and a wink at Sinon before he logged out. She held herself, trying to look around for anything to distract herself.

"I can't believe you took up his offer" Kirito said.

"Is that a problem?" she asked.

"It's nice that you're going out with Klein. I'm sure you two will be great together," Asuna said and smiled.

Sinon looked at her. She didn't know whether or not she should take those words seriously or push them aside. She noticed Kirito glance over at Asuna as he thought about it. Though it seemed like he couldn't imagine it.

"We're just going out as friends. Well I shouldn't keep him waiting," Sinon said and took her log out. "I guess I'll see you two there."

Asuna waved at her, Kirito not saying or doing anything. She clicked her log out button and awoke on her bed. She placed her hand in front of her face, tired.

She wondered why she said yes for them to tag alone. It was obvious she didn't want to see them together. She sat up and picked up an outfit to wear. She couldn't go out with her daily clothes, she had to wear something proper and formal.

Asada-san ended up picking out a navy dress with a small white hand bag. She looked at herself in the mirror and looked like a totally different person. She held onto her hair on the side of her head, slightly biting her lip.

"Who do you see there?"

She shook her head and walked out of her apartment, looking down at the pavement as she walked. She wasn't sure how a double-date would work out. In fact, she hasn't really been on a date before. She turned the corner and before she knew it, she had arrived. She saw Klein waiting outside, leaning his back on the vines of the plants that were forming on the wall. She walked over to him and waved him hello.

"Asada-san! You look beautiful!" Klein said and handed her a bouquet of roses.

Klein was a good guy, though she didn't want to send him the wrong idea or anything. She accepted the roses and gave him a warm smile. He led her inside and towards their tables, Kirito and Asuna already sitting down.

Kirito looked casual with his black outfit as Asuna wore a pink dress with a white jacket on. As she took a seat, she felt Kirito stare at her. She ignored him and gave a quick smile to Asuna, before turning away.

She just wanted this night to be over already.