Chapter 30

When they have reached the Waterfalls, Sinon had sat on the edge of the grass and looked down at her reflection.

Now that Asuna was gone, she felt as if she belonged here and got along with the others.

She looked back and saw that everyone else was talking and laughing together. She smiled and turned around, poking the water.

"Hey Sinon!"

She turned back and saw that Klein was waving and walking towards her. She smiled at him and returned the gesture.

Klein sat next to her, keeping his gaze at her.

"Why aren't you with the gang? You should join us," he suggested.

Sinon shrugged.

"Sorry, I've been so used to doing things on my own that I forget," she said.

"Yeah? So you're like a solo player too?" Klein asked and sat back. "Just like Kirito, eh?"

"In a way," she said. "Never really thought of that."

Klein kept looking at her and looked back at the gang. He pulled on the grass and cleared his throat.

"You and Kirito are pretty close aren't you?"

Sinon turned to look at him, surprised by how the conversation suddenly changed to Kirito.

"We're close friends, yeah."

"I know that Kirito protects everyone and acts like a leader, that's what we like about him. But lately he's been acting different."

"Different?"

"After Asuna had left, we didn't really think he would have this type of attitude. So we gave him some space to cool off," he explained.

"Some space?" Sinon questioned. "Klein, I don't see that you get the point of Kirito."

"No I have an idea of what's going on, Sinon."

"And what's that?"

"I believe that there is something going on with you and Kirito."

Sinon scoffed.

"Unbelievable. Klein, Kirito didn't need space away from everyone. Everyone left him alone to cope by himself when he needed was friends. I was there. Probably the only one. I helped Kirito, which is why we are so close now," Sinon explained and stood up. "So don't go assuming things of me."

Klein looked at her a bit surprised and let her walk away. Sinon was upset that Klein had already assumed that Kirito and her were together, Sinon rubbing her arms and feeling a bit uneasy. She had to defend herself even if it was a lie. But it wasn't. That was the truth. Being with Kirito is what made them get closer to each other.

"Sinon?" someone said and grabbed her arm.

"Leave me alone."

"What's wrong?"

Sinon turned around and saw that it was Kirito. She crossed her arms and looked over to where Klein was at. He was looking at her, watching them.

"Klein is beginning to suspect us," Sinon said.

"Klein?" Kirito shook his head. "Klein is just Klein. Its nothing. You shouldn't worry about him."

"You sure?"

Kirito nodded and grabbed her arm gently. Sinon looked at him, wondering what he was going to do. Kirito walked towards the gang and stood next to Klein.

"I just remembered I had to do something, so take care of Sinon and show her more of ALO."

"Where you off to, onii-chan?"