Chapter 34

When they had reached Asada-san's apartment, they had both sat down at her couch. There was nothing but silence between them.

"Would you like some tea?" Asada-san offered.

"No, I'm fine"

Kirito gave her a simple smile and had looked over at her. She looked away and rubbed her arm, feeling awkward.

"Kirito..."

"Let me speak first," Kirito suggested and leaned on the wall. "I know you're upset. You're thinking about me and Asuna aren't you?"

Asada-san stayed quiet.

"I was talking to her the other day. But why should that matter? I was showing my respect towards her. I wanted to make sure she was okay, do you understand?" he asked.

"I understand. I understand that you never left her side. She loves you and needs you," Asada-san stated.

Kirito sighed.

"You're the one who doesn't understand Kirito. She loves you..."

"Asada-san..."

Asada-san looked down at her hands, feeling her heart break slowly as tears started forming in her eyes.

"What I feel doesn't matter, Kirito..." she said softly. "I'm not the one you need..."

Asada-san felt a tear slide down her cheek, closing her eyes not wanting any more tears to come out. She felt his embrace around her, Asada-san laying her head on his shoulder. Kirito carefully caressed her hair, sadness in his eyes.

"Don't say that. I know you're hurting, but you shouldn't be," Kirito said and lifted up her chin. "You're the one for me, Asada-san."

"I'm not..."

"Yes you are. If you weren't, why would I be here?" he asked.

Asada-san thought about it and tried pushing him away.

"Perhaps out of pity?"

Kirito softened a smile.

"No, it's because I love you."

Asada-san looked up at him, her heart racing. His eyes were only looking at her, his focus causing her to feel nervous. His embrace was also comforting that she couldn't shake it off.

"I love you, alright? I don't want you to over think on things. You'll stress yourself out," he said.

He had a point, but she couldn't help herself.

"But, it's who I am..." Asada-san had said before Kirito had gave her a kiss. He had stopped her from finishing her own words. Asada-san didn't know how to respond but only to kiss him back.

Kirito had held her closer to him, feeling his compassionate loving arms around her waist. Asada-san felt herself blush even more as she felt Kirito's lips on hers. Once Kirito had broke the kiss, he gave her a soft smile.

"Now, answer this. If I didn't love you, would I kiss you like that?"

Asada-san touched her lips and nodded no. Once again, she didn't know how to react. Kirito had left her in shock with his kiss.

"So please stop worrying. Look ahead and not in the past," Kirito said and hugged her again.

"Okay," she said.

After a while, there was nothing but silence in the room. Asada-san held Kirito close and closed her eyes. She wanted to enjoy this moment. The moment in which Kirito comforted her.