Chapter 23

When it started to become more dark, Asada-san thought about going home. She sighed and looked up at the mental asylum hospital.

Could her fear be her possible cure?

She walked away from the area and decided to head back home. It was already getting dark, Asada-san focusing on her lane. She saw the light in a store and decided to approach it. She walked to the magazines area and picked up the gaming one again. She flipped through the pages and tried to keep her mind off things, preventing her from thinking straight.

"Be careful, I suggest you log out as well."

Was that a warning Kirito was trying to say?

Asada-san took out her phone and looked at the email address of Hikaji.

If this had to do something with Hikaji, she had to know. Though, she knew she was going to go against Kirito's own words.

She wrote: Hey we need to talk.

She hesitated on sending the message. Was it even right to do this? Her finger slowly went towards the send button but a message appeared and her own got saved to a draft.

She let out a breath of relief and clicked on the message. It was Kirito.

"Get on ALO tomorrow."

ALO?

She set the magazine down and looked at his message.

Was this coincidental?

She walked out the store and thought about asking him why he wanted her in ALO. She looked at the time and it was already getting dark. She sighed and put her hands in her pockets.

"Asada-san?"

She turned around and surprisingly she saw Kirito with his motorcycle.

"Kirito...what are you doing out here?" she asked.

He stepped off his motorcycle and walked towards her. He had his regular black outfit on as usual and had his backpack over his shoulder.

"I had to do errands," he said. "Why is it that I always seem to find you outside so late?"

Asada-san stayed quiet. She couldn't tell him that she wanted to see Kyouji...but then again Seijirou might have told him about her arrival.

"I was just at the store," she said.

Kirito looked all around and scratched the back of his head. Asada-san staying still, wondering on what to say.

"How about I walk you home?" he offered.

"What?" she said. "No, I'm fine. I just want to take a night stroll."

"I'll join you," he said.

"You don't have to," she said and looked away.

"Its not that I don't have to, I want to."

Asada-san blushed and pulled into her sleeves. Kirito walked next to her, pulling his motorcycle along with him. She appreciated what he was doing, but she didn't need it.

"Kirito?"

"Yeah?"

She fiddled with her hands and tried thinking about anything that came up on mind.

"Have you contacted with A..."

"Eh, Asada-san, I have a question for you."

"Uhm, what is it?"