Chapter 37

Today was the day everyone wanted to hang out at the park. Asada-san took a quick shower and walked out in her towel. She walked towards her closet and looked inside. She wanted to make herself seem confident. She wanted people to know. Sinon picked out her outfit and laid it on her bed. She smiled as she changed into it and got ready for the afternoon.

Kirito was already waiting outside, leaning on his motorbike. Kirito took his phone out and texted Asada-san to meet him outside. He wore his simple black pants along with a black long sleeve. A door closed as he looked up to see Asada-san coming down. When she stood out in front him, Kirito's eyes went wide. He checked her whole outfit and just looked confuse.

"Asada-san?"

Asada-san smiled nervously. She didn't look like her usual self today. Instead of having her two hair strands tied up, she let them loose, along with her short hair. She neatly brushed her bangs and put on her glasses. She wore a green shirt that showed off her shoulders along with black shorts and boots. 

Kirito smiled softly

"You look really nice today," he said. 

"Thanks," she said as she brushed her hair back softly.

Kirito smiled as he looked over her outfit and then back up at her.  Sinon didn't really think she was the stylish person, but she really felt good about herself. She wanted to feel strong and confident just how Sinon was. She hopped onto his motorbike, telling Kirito to get on. Kirito blushed a bit as he seemed to be getting distracted by her appearance.

Kirito drove them to the park, where the others were at. He parked his motorbike to the side as he took off his helmet, Asada-san doing the same. Kirito helped her get off as they walked over to the area. Kirito walked closely next to her, softly holding her hand. She smiled.

"They're here!" a voice yelled out.

"Asada-san!" Silica yelled as she ran to hug her, breaking off their hands. "Its been a while!"

"Yeah I feel like I haven't seen you all for a while," she said.

"Hello, Silica," Kirito said.

"Oh, hey!" she said and laughed afterwards. "Well I'm stealing Asada-san for now."

She held her hand and dragged her to the group , Asada-san waving bye to Kirito. Asada-san headed over to everyone, where they all greeted her. They were all so welcoming to her. She smiled back at them. Lisbeth walked towards her.

"You look really pretty today," she complimented.

"Yeah you do. I like it," Klein said. "You know, you didn't have to dress up for me."

Asada-san laughed, which surprised Klein. He laughed along with her and blushed a bit. Lisbeth smiled at the both at them and walked away, leaving Klein behind with her.

"So, uh, how have you been?" he asked.

She knew that he felt awkward around her due to the fact that she rejected his feelings. Also with the fact that he was once suspicious of her relationship with Kirito. But now Klein knew what he did wrong to make her feel uncomfortable and she was hoping that he wouldn't bring that up again. She didn't want any questions to be asked about her or Kirito.

"Good actually," she responded. "Life has turned around for me for a change."

He smiled. "That's good to hear."

They started talking more, catching up on things. Despite the fact on how much Klein tried so hard to be a flirt, he was a really nice guy. It seemed like he had really matured for his age. Asada-san looked around and everyone was socializing with each other. It felt nice to have everyone come back together. It felt so normal...even if it did exclude Asuna.

She turned the other way and saw Lisbeth talking to Kirito. They have been talking for a while. it seemed kind of serious. Kirito nodded over at Lisbeth and then took a sip of his drink and laughed.

Maybe she was just overthinking?

"Asada-san?" Klein spoke.

She turned back around and apologized for being distracted. He looked over at her direction and then at her. He sighed and scratched the back of his neck. She felt herself tense up. Did he notice? She was already preparing herself for his questions. It was too late.

"How's Kirito doing?"

"What?"

"You're one of his close friends. I was just wondering how he is. He always seems too busy most of the times."

"That's true," she said. "He's been fine."

"That's good. I'm really glad he has someone like you to take care of him."

"Take care of him?"

He nodded. "Asuna has been gone for a while already and it's nice to see that he isn't stuck in his room depressed. So I thank you for that."

She was surprised by his sudden statement, but she accepted it. 

It was getting dark and everyone was gathered around eating snacks. Asada-san sat between Silica and Klein, which she didn't have a problem with. Everyone started talking about memories and how they were doing. Everyone else have been doing just fine and it was nice that they still connected with each other.

Kirito stood up and raised his drink in his hand.

"I want to thank every single one of you who's here today. I'm really happy that we were all able to come together and spend some time outside SAO," he said.

Everyone laughed.

"All of you are great friends to me and I'm happy to have you in my life," Kirito said. His eyes wondered all around the room and locked it when he met Asada-san's. "I hope that we can stay together even more."

"Here, here!" everyone said and lifted up their drinks.

Asada-san lifted hers up as well. While everyone else was busy drinking, Kirito was smiling at her and gave her a silent cheer. Likewise. The night concluded as everyone was beginning to go home. Asada said goodbye to everyone, until everyone was gone. Klein approached her.

"Hey I wanted to talk to you," he said.

"What is it?"

"I couldn't help but feel weird about it, but I just wanted to know if you'll give me another chance?"

"Chance?"

"I know you said you weren't interested and I'm sorry that I kept bugging you last time. I just really wanted to say sorry about it all," he said. "You really are something and I just want to make things right between us."

Oh, so that is what he meant.

"The past is the past, Klein," she said and touched his shoulder.

He smiled. "Thank you."

He told her goodbye and began to walk away with the others. Kirito approached her from behind.

"We should probably get going too," Asada-san said.

"Actually, the night isn't over yet."

She looked over at Kirito, who had a smile on his face.

"Let's go."