Chapter 2

"We can create a new life. You and me...get married, have kids...that will be fun..."

Asada-san woke up with a scream and hands up to her ears. She took many breathes before lowering her hands.

She sighed.

She wanted all of her fears to dissapear and live a normal life. Kirito had already helped her with her fear of guns...but now she had a new fear...

Kyouji.

She frowned a bit and looked at herself in the mirror, that was in the corner of her room.

Did I even become stronger or weaker?, she thought.

No.

She couldn't have let Kirito's effort go to waste. This was her problem and she needed to get over it herself.

She looked over to her counter and saw her nervegear. She reached towards it and thought about GGO. It's been a while now since she has logged on. She thought about Sinon's strength and she needed a push. She laid on her bed and felt the breeze of her air conditioner above her. She put the nervegear on and closed her eyes.

"Link start!"

She opened her eyes and smiled when she was already logged in to the game. Her turquoise short hair was bright in the sunlight and her cyan eyes shined.

She walked through the streets and a swarm of players surrounded her.

"Sinon! Congratulations!"

"Where is Kirito-san?"

"I betted my money on you both! I knew you'll win."

She smiled, feeling admired by the others. This was a nice feeling. She always wanted to defeat the strong ones and now she was...

Was I?, she wondered.

"Thanks. Well until the next BoB tournament," she said.

"What was your motivation?" one asked as the others agreed.

Motivation?

Sinon thought about it thoroughly. She didn't want to reveal much information on what was really going on. It was also Kirito's case and didn't want to give away anything personal about it.

"My motivation was...well it was quite simple. I just thought of what Kirito told me earlier during our first encounter," she said and smiled at the memory. "It was 'Would you still pull the trigger in order to save or protect someone you love?'"

Everyone looked at her in awe as Sinon placed her hand above her chest.

"For the both of us, we didn't see GGO as a game but a part of reality as well," she continued. "I guess that's what made us a great team."

"Do you know if Kirito-san will be logging in today? I'll sure like to congratulate her."

Sinon looked up at him. She had almost forgotten that they thought Kirito was a girl. She gave a small laugh deciding to keep his identity hidden as well.

She shrugged.

"I guess you have to wait for Kirito-san to log in," she said and walked her way out of the crowd. "Well I'll be off."

She rose her scarf above her mouth and gave a wave.

"Wait! How about I buy you a drink?"

She ignored them and continued walking, heading to the stats building. This was for sure going to raise up her stats and make her higher than the other players. She walked over to the scoreboard and scanned it. Before the BoB tournament, Sinon was ranked in the top 10 and now she was ranked...

⏩Sinon - 1

⏩Kirito - 2

She stood there for a moment, amazed. How could she have gotten first place if Kirito had done more than she had. He was much stronger than her. She looked to her right, where they were showing the recap on the final battle as she walked out the room. She started to feel a bit guilty, feeling that she was taking credit of all of Kirito's skills.

She clenched her teeth and shook all her negativity away. She needed to think highly of herself. Besides, it was the use of her help that made Kirito the best GGO player.

"Sinon!"

She ignored her name being called, thinking it was another group of men wanting to congratulate her, and continued to walk away. She felt her hand being grabbed, making her turn back quickly.

It was Kirito.

"Kirito...what are you doing here?" she asked.

He shrugged.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I thought your only purpose here was to defeat Death Gun and now that you did, there's not really much for you to do here," she explained.

He laughed at her comment.

"I almost forgot about your harsh compliments. Well GGO isn't quite done for me."

She scoffed and pulled her hand away from him.

"'Isn't quite done?' What is that supposed to mean? GGO may be just a victory claim for you but it isn't to me."

"I didn't mean to offend you or anything...I mean I'll still be logging into GGO. It's different than the other MMOs I've been to and plus GGO is a part of me now."

She looked over at him and he looked so focused on her. His eyebrows gave him a strong face expression that made his grey-black eyes stand out even more. He held out his hand towards her.

"Come with me."

"What?"

"To a whole new world. We can be together again in a whole new virtual realm."

She gave him an odd look and then at his hand.

"Have you lost it? I told you already, GGO is like a home for me."

"Believe me, Sinon. You'll like it. So what do you say?"

She thought about it for a moment. She couldn't just leave GGO. She has barely became one of the top players and if she started to become inactive, her ranking will just decrease. Though, Kyouji did introduce her to this game and she needed to move on from him. She gave a sigh and reached out for his hand.

He smiled and they did a handshake. He pulled her closer to him and spoke to her in a low voice.

"Good because believe me or not, I will like to be back to my male avatar."

Sinon laughed.

"Tell me. How did you deal with the swarming group of men with the congratulatory greetings?"

He chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

"It wasn't easy. I just thanked them and gave them a look, which gets them everytime."

She smiled and looked at the area around them. It was the exact place where they first encountered. He looked at her and tilted his head a bit, wondering what she was thinking about. Her cyan eyes were lost from everything surrounding them. He looked at her closely and gave a small laugh.

"Isn't it a bit ironic?"

"What is?" she asked looking up at him.

"This was our first encounter and maybe our last encounter in this spot."

She looked down. She didn't want to leave GGO but she was curious on what game Kirito wanted her to join. She looked back at him and nodded.

"Maybe so."

Kirito stepped away from her and took out his log key. He scrolled down to his settings and stayed on the log out page.

"Well I'll be on my way now. I promised Sugu I'll take her some place."

"Wait, Kirito! Before you go, what is the name of this new game?"

"ALfheim Online."