Chapter 13

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves this evening. Klein would be telling his stories, Asuna would laugh at them and Kirito...well he will simply just nod his head with a smile.

Asada-san smiled a bit. She was tired and waited for when they were going to leave.

"Eh? Which reminds me, Asada-san!" Klein said.

She looked at him, surprised by the tone of voice he was using. Klein grabbed her hand and looked at her in the eyes. She shifted back a bit, knowing how Klein was.

"Asada-san! It'll be a pleasure if you can be my gi-"

Klein jumped up a bit and looked over at Kirito and Asuna. Kirito had his arms crossed and had a stern face on. He must have kicked him under the table.

"Eh! Kirito!"

Asuna looked over at him and softly said his name. Kirito stood up and wiped himself.

"You can't just go asking her out like that," Kirito said.

"What?" Asuna and Asada-san said together.

Just as she suspected. Kirito wasn't comfortable in this date either. She watched him, a little smile forming onto her lips. Though, then again she didn't want Kirito fighting over her.

"C'mon, Kirito. Let me be happy and be with someone," Klein pouted.

"It just doesn't work that way," Kirito said and looked over at her.

She looked away from him and looked down at her hands. He was right. She looked up at them both and stood up as well.

"He's right, Klein. I'm not looking for a relationship. I'm not interested. How about we stay friends, yeah?" she said.

Kirito gave a small smile and looked over at Klein. Klein stayed still and it was quiet for a moment. After a few minutes, he ended up laughing.

"I knew it was too good to be true. I guess the good girls aren't the ones for me," he said and shrugged. "Well, I took the risk."

Klein looked embarrassed and scratched the back of his head. He apologized to Asada-san for being too quick. Klein smiled and paid for the meal. He excused himself and walked out. Asada-san felt bad for him, knowing that she has probably broke his hope.

She looked at Asuna and Kirito and excused herself as well. She heard Asuna give out a sigh as she walked out. This evening have been ruined by the fact of wanting commitment and entering a relationship. She was glad she denied. Though, the fact of Kirito bothered her.

"Asada-san?"

She looked back expecting maybe that it was Klein, but it was Kirito. He walked towards her and looked concerned.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," she said, rubbing her arms from the cold night.

"Here," Kirito said and gave her his black jacket. "You looked cold."

She held it on her and looked at him. She wondered if he was here to say something or to do something stupid that will only upset her.

"Thanks, but I'm going to head home."

"Are you sure everything is alright? Between us? We've been distant recently," he asked.

Of course they seemed distant. He ditched her so he can be with Asuna. It made no sense for him to call her back and then leave her alone.

She didn't want to respond to his question. She started to walk away and told him goodnight.

"Asada-san?"

Asada-san ignored him and started to walk down the street quickly. She glanced back at him, Kirito standing in the same spot he was. She saw Asuna come out of the restaurant and reached out for his arm, but then stopped.

There was something odd going on that just didn't seem right.