Chapter 9

"Don't forget, you're strong. Don't let him get to you. Take care, Asada-san. I'll check up on you tomorrow."

Asada-san had remembered the other night. Kirito had kissed her cheek before he left. She felt herself burning up as she pulled on her hair.

No! No! No!

This was all wrong. She didn't need his comfort or need him to worry about her. This was too dangerous...because of Kyouji.

"I'll kill him..."

She perked her head up and looked over to her side, as if Kyouji had whispered those words into her ear. She stood up and thought she was over thinking the situation. He couldn't get out...he was held in a secured area.

The door knocked, as she calmly walked towards it and saw Kirito in the small peep hole. She hesitated before she opened the door, looking at him.

"You're okay," he said.

"Of course I am."

He smiled and put his hands in his pockets. "Listen, Asada-san, we need to talk."

She stiffened up. He was probably here to talk about the kiss and that it was wrong. Then again a kiss on the cheek didn't mean anything that special.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Mind if we take a walk?"

"Uh yeah," she said and stepped out her house.

He stepped aside for her as they walked downstairs and onto the streets. She looked over at him and he was sure quiet. This was unusual for him. She looked down and kept her distance away from him.

"Who told you?"

"What?"

He turned to face her with a stern face. He had this same face before when they were in the BoB tournament at the time he told her to shoot Death Gun.

"I know that Seijirou wouldn't tell you about this information."

He was talking about Kyouji. She looked away and walked a faster pace than him, trying to avoid the subject. Kirito grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him.

"I need to know. Who told you about this?"

"Why does it matter? I told you this is my own problem and not yours..." she said calmly.

He gave an irritated sigh and pulled her away from the crowd of people and into the alley way.

"I'm already involved, that's why. Don't you understand?"

"I understand. You're just doing this for yourself," she said.

He gave a surprised look at her. She didn't mean to give him her attitude but she didn't want to talk about Kyouji. In fact, she didn't even want to be with Kirito at the moment.

"You really don't understand don't you? Asada-san, I-"

"Asuna told me," she interrupted.

He backed away from her as she looked up at him. She knew if she had mentioned her, he would back away. After all, she was his girlfriend.

"She told me about your odd behavior and looked into your studies. It was quite helpful of her," Asada-san said.

"Asuna..." he said and ran his hands into his hair. He sighed and leaned against the wall.

Asada-san looked over at him, wondering if he was okay. She walked towards him but stopped. She frowned a bit, knowing that Kirito was only trying to help her. She turned around and made her way back to the crosswalk.

"There was a reason I came to check on you the other day. That night I scared you," Kirito said and looked directly at her. Asada-san turned back around at him. "I was worried. Kyouji made requests and wouldn't stop asking for you. I had Seijirou keep an eye of him and he notified me of his odd behavior. It seemed as if he had something planned. Which was why I had to make sure you were safe."

"Kirito..."

He walked towards her and held her by both shoulders. She blushed slightly.

"Have you met with anyone strange these past days?"

She thought about it and couldn't think of any. She shook her head. Kirito looked a bit disappointed and relieved. He gave her an unexpected hug as she slowly hugged him back.

Though there was that one new guy from GGO...Hikaji. But that was only a game. She didn't need to worry about the online network anymore. Kirito let go of her once his phone had beeped. Asada-san stepped back and looked all around, feeling everything get awkward. He chuckled a bit and walked back to her.

"Klein wants us to join his journey in ALO."

She rubbed her arm, not really wanting to go back to ALO, but Silica had been waiting for her. She shrugged and decided to accept the offer.

"You're part of our party now, don't try to escape it."

He had noticed she was gone. No, of course he would. She argued with him the other night, which caused her to not log in ALO but to GGO. He walked out the alley way as if nothing happened, leaving her confused.

He didn't even mention the kiss either.

"I guess it wasn't that important," she said quietly and followed him out.

He stood in front of a building, looking at his own reflection. She stood besides him, watching him.

"Who do you see there?" he asked.

Was he really alright? He was acting strange. She looked back at her own reflection and saw Sinon. Sinon was standing in front of her with a confident smile and then Kirito stood besides her. It was his GGO avator. He gave her a fist pump, which only reminded her that they were a team. He brought here back here on purpose. To remind her that she was her own person in both the virtual and reality world.

She felt a smile appear on her face, returning her focus on him. He had really helped her, even if they did argue. It was just like the other time, when she was upset about his bravery in the cave. Through all the shouting, they still ended up helping each other.

"Kirito?"

"Hmm?"

"Lets be a team again."