Chapter 16

Sinon stared at her reflection. Her face in disbelief as she looked down at her Hecate. Her hands shook, her Hecate trembling within her grasp.

Why?

Why was Kirito always in her mind? Why did he make things so difficult? Sinon stood up straight and walked away from the battle. She had to stop doing this. She had to stop ignoring her problems and face them.

She got transported onto the field with her opponent as her eyebrows twitched. She took out her log and searched for the Forfeit button.

"Ah, Sinon! Looks like we finally get to fight."

She looked up and it was Hikaji. She stood still for a moment and watched him carefully. There was something about Hikaji that didn't make her trust him that well.

"I'm sorry but I got something to do," Sinon said and placed her hand on the forfeit tab.

Hikaji sighed.

"You're not going to give me a chance aren't you? Well goodbye-" he said but the last part was inaudible.

Sinon stared at him as she disappeared and was out of the battle.

As soon as she was out of the game, she took off her Nervegear and looked over to Kirito's coat. She sat up and grabbed onto his coat, heading outside. It was almost dark outside, but she needed to return his coat.

It was cold outside, the wind passing through her short hair. She hugged herself and held his coat tightly. She was determined to go to him and see him. She had to be there for him when he needed her, just like how he was to her.

When she reached his house, she noticed all the lights were off. Were they already asleep? She stood in front of the door, hesistant on knocking. Though...he needed his space. She signed quietly and turned her back away, getting ready to walk away.

"Asada-san, is that you?"

She turned back around to see that the front door was already opened and Kirito stood there tired.

"What are you doing here? It's late," he said.

She showed him his coat and he looked at it blankly.

"I came to return this to you. Here," she said. "I can't keep it forever."

A small smile appeared on his face, from her last statement. She was glad she brought a smile to his face. Kirito walked towards her and instead of grabbing his coat, he hugged her. Asada-san stood there surprised.

"Don't go..."

She relaxed herself and closed her eyes with a nod, hugging him back. She was right. Kirito did need her.

"I won't."