Chapter 35

Asada-san had woken up early that morning, she sat up from bed and watched Kirito as he was still asleep in her bed.

She smiled and leaned down forward to give him a kiss on the cheek. As soon as her lips touched the skin on his cheek, his eyes flew open. Kirito gave out a yawn and stretched his arms before looking up at her and smiling.

"Hey," he said in a soft tone.

"Morning," Asada-san said. "Slept well?"

He sat up and leaned his head on her shoulder.

"Very well. You?" he asked.

"Likewise," she smiled and looked at him. "Kirito, how about we take a walk?"

He leaned off her and looked at her.

"Sure. It's a nice day to be out with you," he said as he got up from bed and headed to the restroom.

Asada-san wanted to talk to Kirito about what she was thinking. More about on her thoughts of Kyouji.

She watched the restroom door before she headed to her drawer and took out the GGO game. She remembered how he introduced it to her and how much she loved it. She sighed at the memory of what occurred and how this game is what ended their friendship. Though, she was missing the game. She heard the door open, Asada-san sneaking the game under her pillow.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said and guided him out her room.

She wanted Kirito to stay but now she wanted him gone so she can catch up on GGO. She knew he would probably say something, since the last time they were online and he met Hikaji.

Hikaji?

She wondered if she had gotten any messages from him. She wanted to check her phone, but she didn't want Kirito to think something was wrong.

They stepped out her apartment, both of them walking in silence. Asada-san was thinking too much of the situation and she had to find a way to distract herself from it.

She watched Kirito walk side by side with her, feeling herself sink into her scarf.

"Asada-san?"

"Hmm?"

"You're shaking," he said as he held her hand. "You're alright?"

"Yeah. . .I'm just cold" she said and held his hand tighter.

Kirito noticed as he led her towards a bench. He stayed staring at her, his gaze not leaving hers.

"You worry me sometimes," he admitted.

"What?"

He sighed softly. "Look, Asada-san, I know you're a strong person and I know you can do some things that worry me. You're always on the move on the things that bother you," he said.

She looked away from him.

Was Kirito telling her to stop?

"Kirito, I. . ."

"I understand though," he interuppted. "I tend to put myself in danger as well because I care about my friends. You're just like me, Asada-san."

He held her hand more tightly.

"Don't do something reckless," he said.

Asada-san bit her lip.

"You think all I do is cause trouble huh? I understand that I put you in danger but this is who I am. You can tell me not to do anything stupid but I got to do what's right. Its worth to protect my friends," she said. "Even protecting you. . ."