Chapter 15

After the encounter, Asada-san thought it was best to leave Kirito alone. She held onto his coat and hugged it tightly.

Kirito must have been really heartbroken. Then again he was still with her...

She sighed.

Now she knew what Lisbeth meant when she said that Asuna and Kirito needed the time together. Was this the reason why she seemed to have pushed her away from Kirito? Because she wanted quality time with him?

She frowned.

It was exactly what she thought. She was getting in the way of their relationship. She looked over to the door, wanting to see if he was okay but she didn't have the guts to do so. She thought about sending a messaged to Sugu, then again she didn't want to be constantly bugging her about Kirito.

"Kirito, I'm sorry."

She set his coat down and figured she will return it the next day along with a note. She picked up a piece of paper and began to write:

     It's Asada-san. Thanks for letting me use your coat the other day. I was going to return this to you the other day but you weren't home. Well thanks again, Kirito. For everything you've done.

She folded the note and put it into one of the pockets of his coat.

Usually she would feel angry towards Kirito but tonight... she felt nothing but sorrow.

In order to sperate herself from anyone else, she decided to be someplace else. Back to where she always was.

Gun Gale Online.

She grabbed her Nervegear and closed her eyes, setting the system up.

"Link Start!"

When she opened her eyes, she felt the usual GGO atmosphere. Everything the same. It wasn't like ALO. No trees. No liveliness. Just dirt and buildings. This was good. She needed to regain herself.

"Sinon-san!"

She looked back and was surprised to see Hikaji running towards her. She gave a slight wave and quickly put on a smile, once he was in front of her.

"You're finally on! I've been waiting for you all this time. Where have you been?"

"Uhm...?" Sinon stepped back by his sudden excitement.

Hikaji chuckled a bit embarrassed and looked at her with a smile.

"You're okay?" Hikaji asked and stepped towards her. "You seem quiet today."

"I'm fine."

"Could it be that Kirito is bothering you?"

Sinon looked up at him in disbelief. How is it that he knew about Kirito?

"What?"

"Is Kirito bothering you?"

"How do you know Kirito?"

He pointed towards the ranking building.

"You're partners right? I haven't seen this Kirito person here either. I was just wondering."

"Oh."

Sinon shifted away and walked the other direction. She only wanted time alone. So far this Hikaji guy seemed interested in her, but she wasn't interested.

"Sinon, where are you going? Let me come with you."

"Hikaji, please just let me be alone for a moment."

"Come on, Sinon. Don't push me away again. You seem to always do that," he said and grabbed onto her arm.

She looked back and tried yanking his arm off her, but he had a hard grip.

"Hikaji, let go."

"Sinon..." he said softly. "Do you..."

She pushed him off and glared at him. He was too persistent. She shook her head at him and ran off.

It was as if there was no peace for her anywhere. She went into the arena and took out her tracker log for her Hecate.

"Give me the strength I need," she said to herself.

She looked over at her reflection and saw herself standing there all bold. This was her. This was the Sinon she needed to be right now. She reached over to it, but her Hecate shifted to her side and she accidently pulled the trigger.

She jumped a bit and bit her lip when she saw where the bullet hit her reflection.

Exactly where her chest was at...directly at her heart.