Chapter 25

Sinon had walked away from the crowd, wanting some time to think. She walked over to a tree and leaned herself on the trunk, looking up at the sky.

It was beautiful. ALO was beautiful.

"Sinon?"

Sinon turned to the voice and saw Kirito walking up to her. She rubbed her arms, seeing how he had found her.

"Having a good time?"

She nodded, not looking at him.

"I think its already late in the real world. Do you want to log out?" he asked.

"No," she said. "I want to spend some more time here. Unless you want to log out, you can."

"I think I'll join you."

"No, Kirito. Don't stay up late because of me," Sinon said.

Kirito shook his head and leaned next to her. Sinon moved away a bit, her ears plopping down slightly.

"Well I would rather choose to stay with you," he said and looked back up.

Sinon blushed and looked over at him. He was being so kind to her. First it was the invitation in ALO and now the sudden offer to stay up with her. Kirito stretched his arms out, his arms nudging her shoulder. She pushed him off and stepped in front of him.

"Let's do a quest," she said.

"Like what?"

She pointed up to the sky and pointed at the moon that was brightly shown.

"To the moon?"

She smiled and placed her hand on her hip.

"Unless you're out of energy and can't do it."

Kirito leaned off the tree and smirked at her.

"You're on."

Sinon smiled and arched her back, her wings coming in view. Kirito did the same and gave her a handshake before they split their ways. Once they leaped into the air, Sinon flew the speed she was able to use and headed towards the moon. She looked back and Kirito wasn't far behind her. She thought about how this was similar to a bullet in the air and how it soared, keeping its position. Tonight, she was the bullet and Kirito was her gun that she had to get away from.

She calmed her own pace down, until the right moment to speed up again.

"Hey Kirito, I thought you knew this game better than me," Sinon teased.

"Don't forget, I taught you the basics."

She laughed and sped up once again, twirling herself in the air, causing a small wisp around herself. She wasn't that far from the moon that she had the feeling that if she tried to reach out for it, she can.

Kirito seemed to have stopped, Sinon thinking he had backed down. She scoffed and reached forward to the moon, but the layer pushed her down and she found herself falling.

Kirito caught her, his hands on her waist. Sinon gave a confused look and gazed back up to the moon.

"I don't understand. I really thought I can touch it."

"No fairy can fly that high."

She understood why he had backed down...he knew all along.

She frowned a bit at him. Kirito didn't look dissapointed, keeping a smile on his face.

"You didn't touch the moon, but there's something much better that you did," Kirito said. "The moon touched you."

Sinon laughed a bit, seeing how cheesy that sounded to hear from him.

"And it took me down."

Kirito smiled and looked at her, keeping his arms around her. Sinon looked back at him, her hair swaying across her face.

"Kirito...about yesterday," she mentioned. "We didn't really get to have a talk on what happened in GGO with Hikaji."

Kirito's expression had changed, his smile slowly fading and putting his head down. Sinon raised her hand up and placed it towards his cheek.

"Is everything okay?"

Kirito had his eyes closed, his eyes furrowing when she had touched him. She sighed and took her hand off him, until he reached out for it.

"Sinon, what is it about him that concerns you?"

She remained quiet.

Was it the fact because she was afraid that he was going to get hurt or that Hikaji gave her a bad feeling about him.

She shrugged.

Kirito didn't seem to ask her anything else, seeing how Sinon looked upset. The bonfires from beneath were beginning to dim off, some fairies already logging out.

Sinon pushed Kirito away from her softly and rubbed her arms.

"It's getting late."

Kirito nodded. "Are you going to log out now?"

"Probably," she said and took out her tracker log. "Kirito, if you don't mind me asking, why does he concern you?"

Kirito looked at her for a moment, his eyes all dark and serious towards the subject. Sinon waited for his response but when he remained silent, she assumed he wasn't going to say anything. She looked away from him.

"I see...well goodnight Kirito."

"Sinon, wait," Kirito said and pulled her in an embrace. Sinon looked at him surprised. He held her close to him like he did when they had their first 1 on 1 battle in GGO. "It bothers me."

"What?"

"Seeing somebody else treat you that way. You don't need to get hurt again. Sinon," he said and pulled away so that he can look at her. "He's not what you think. In battle, he showed his true self and all I saw was hatred. I'm not sure what he is trying to do to you, but I don't want you taking the risk."

So this was for her safety after all.

"But why go to such an extent?" she asked. "Especially for me? Kirito, I'm not that special."

"You're wrong."

"Huh?"

Sinon eyes widened, her heart racing from the words she was hearing him say.

"You are special. You're special to me," he said and glanced down before he looked back up at her. "The truth is, you're a close person to me. Back there in GGO, you never left my side even when you hated me. I started to understand you much better."

"Kirito..."

"The truth is that..."

Sinon blushed, wanting to get out of the situation that she began to nervously laugh.

"Oh my, I wonder what the time is. It's probably late already. Well goodnight, Kirito."

Before Kirito could say anything else, she quickly pressed the log out button. When she arrived back to the real world, she opened her eyes quickly and sat up, taking her Nervegear off.

What was Kirito going to tell her? He had told her she was special to him...was that his way of confessing?

Was he even confessing?

Asada-san grabbed her pillow and burried her face in it embarrassed.

She had left him there all alone...she really was such an idiot.