Chapter 4

"Asada-san, what is Kirito to you?"

Asada-san leaned against the wall, remembering the words of what Asuna had asked her the other day. That had caught her off-guard that she couldn't stop thinking about it.

She sighed.

Even if she did have feelings towards Kirito, she couldn't let it out. Asuna had been nice to her and the least thing she'll like to do is take Kirito away from her. Besides, Kirito loved Asuna. It couldn't be possible that he liked her....

Could it?

"This is Asuna. Best chef in Sword Art Online."

Why would Kirito address Asuna as a best chef and not his girlfriend when they first met?

She shook her head. She didn't want to think too much on this situation and get her hopes up. She felt her air conditioner turn on as she stood up from her bed.

Why couldn't life be simple?

She walked over to her bath and decided to wash her problems away. The water gave a sensation on her skin as she closed her eyes and blocked everything off her mind.

Silence.

She sunk deeper into the bath. And let her hair flow on the surface.

"I am Asada Shino. I make my own thoughts. No one owns me. I'm my own boss and security," she said to herself.

After a while, she stepped out and put on her black shorts and a long white shirt that went up to her thighs. She laid down on her bed and looked at the ceiling.

"What do I do?" she asked herself.

She looked over at her nervegear and picked it up.

ALO, huh?

She placed it on her head and clicked the power button on.

"Link Start!"

A whole bunch of multicolor surrounded her vision until she saw the big worlds of: Welcome to ALO. A whole bunch of suggestions to customize her character were all handed out to her. She clicked on her hair and made it the same way as she had Sinon. She gave herself the turquoise color and with the outfit that had a green coat with white chest armor.

She was ready to click "next" but she had to give her avator a race, since it was fantasy. She clicked on what came first in mind and picked the Cait Sith race which automatically gave her some ears and a tail.

Everything disappeared and she found herself standing in the middle. A light green color wings appeared on her back as she gave an amazed look. The black room around her dispersed and she saw trees below her.

Below her?

She widened her eyes as she fell down from the sky and onto the ground. She rubbed her head and looked back at her wings in dissatisfaction. They sure seemed useless. She checked in her log and took out the map navigation. She walked towards a path and decided to head to town and meet some people or possibly find Kirito.

"Come back, Pina!"

A small girl appeared from the bushes and seemed to be looking for something. She had caramel hair in pigtails with big ears and a tail. She was dressed in a blue overcoat armor. She was also a Cait Sith, like Sinon.

She stopped in front of her and looked at Sinon curiously with a nervous smile. A small sound roared above her as she looked up to see a small light blue dragon on her head.

She froze and then shrieked, trying to get it off her.

"Pina!" the girl said and retrieved the dragon from her head. "Sorry."