Chapter 24

By the time she woke up, she yawned and rubbed her eyes. She felt her Nervegear fall onto the floor, remembering that she had to see Kirito.

Kirito!

She looked over at the time and it was almost the afternoon. She quickly sat up and went to wash her face. She thought about how she kept Kirito waiting but then again he didn't give her a specific time. She went back to her room and checked her phone to see whether or not he messaged her.

He didn't.

Asada-san bit her lip and looked at her Nervegear. She didn't know why, but she felt nervous on seeing him today. She laid down and switched the game to ALO.

"Link Start!"

The burst of colors appeared and before she knew it, she saw the grassy meadow and the bright sky. She looked over at herself and smiled. It had been a while since she's been a Cait Sith.

Sinon walked around, looking for Kirito. She couldn't see him from down here. She looked up at the sky and sighed, knowing she had to fly. She remembered what Kirito had taught her as she leaped forward and relaxed her back.

Her wings appeared and lifted her up in the air, Sinon giving a smile. She rose up more into the air and gave a twirl. She laughed at herself and tried not to get carried away. She looked around and focused on the area on where he will usually be at.

From the distant, she saw a figure laying down on a floating pod. She flew towards it and saw that it was Kirito asleep. She flew over to where he was at and slowed herself down a bit but lost balanced when she landed.

Kirito opened one eye, looking to see who had appeared but Sinon tripped and fell next to him. Kirito gave a smile and waved at her.

"You made it."

Sinon quickly stepped back and blushed, touching her hair strip.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," she apologized.

Kirito sat up and shook his head.

"It wasn't long. Either way I would've waited for you to log on."

Sinon looked at him.

Why would he wait so long for her?

"Why did you call me here?" she asked.

"I got to show you something," he said.

"What?"

"You'll see later," he said and stood up.

Sinon thought about it and gave a slight smile. Kirito stretched and offered his hand out for her. She held his hand and stood up as well.

"Follow me," he said and leaped up in the air.

Kirito pulled her up in the air as well, holding onto her hand and making sure she had balance. Sinon wanted to back away, but she liked his company. Kirito pulled her up with him and into the air, looking straight ahead.

The sky looked so clear and the clouds felt nice when it brushed against them. She looked over at Kirito and smiled.

"Where are the others?" Sinon asked.

"They had their own things to do so I thought this moment will be fine for us," he said.

Sinon bit her lip nervously, now knowing that she was alone with Kirito. She felt herself burn up, wanting some space away from him. She slowed herself down, making Kirito stop with her.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just not really used to flying."

"You'll get used to it," he said.