Chapter 36

Asada-san sat down at a bench nearby a park, thinking on her thoughts with Kirito. She smiled softly to herself. She placed her hands in her pockets and felt her phone. She had almost forgotten that she got a text from Hikaji.

She looked through it and read the text.

"When are you coming online?"

"Did you quit?"

"Sorry for bothering you, but where did you go?"

Asada-san thought about it, taking courage of what to do. She clicked on her recent message and decided to send a text.

"Hey, sorry I've been offline at the moment."

She sat down, and before she knew it, he had already responded.

"Hey. Can you get online now?"

"No. Maybe when I get home?"

"Okay. I'll be waiting :)"

Asada-san walked home and looked over at her texts. She has been hanging out with Kirito a lot that she has been missing out in playing GGO. She smiled and remembered on how they met in the game. Sinon was in a good mood, that she laid down in bed and picked up her headset as she put it on. 

Sinon awoke in the game and she smiled. It felt nice to have things work out at last and that she felt so calm finally. There was no more paranoia. She felt happy. She finally felt like herself in the game. Now it was time to be badass Sinon again!

"Sinon?"

Sinon turned around and saw Hikaji. She waved hello as he ran towards her.

"Is it really you?" he asked. "Wow, I thought you left..."

"Sorry, a lot has been going on," she said and smiled.

"Well I'm glad you're back. I was already starting to miss you," he said. "I mean you're the only one I have..."

"I am?"

He nodded and reached out for her hand. "Well you're the amazing Sinon. Its such an honor. You're amazing."

"I guess I am," Sinon said and smiled.

Sinon followed him, a bit surprised by his kindness but she didn't mind. It felt nice to be on adventures in GGO again. Besides, she had to bring up her reputation again. Plus time off from everyone wasn't that bad.

Hikaji took her to a server and pulled her along with him. He hid underneath some boulders, keeping an eye out for their surroundings. Sinon looked over at him, watching his technique. He stayed looking out for a couple minutes, Sinon looking up.

"Stay down!" he said as he took his gun out and targeted at someone's head. As soon as he shot the guy, others began appearing. He aimed at every single one of them, preventing them from getting any closer to them. Sinon just looked up at him, not knowing whether or not she should do something. Sinon picked up her rifle and leaned it on the boulder, peering through the small scope. She looked over at the distance and saw another group of players. He had some explosives that he was getting ready to throw. Sinon locked her target and shot directly at them, making them all explode. Hikaji laughed and looked down at her.

"Wow, impressive." Hikaji grabbed her hand and dragged her to another place to shelter in. "C'mon!"

Hikaji shot the others as Sinon ran up ahead to get a head start. Hikaji separated from her and went down to the crowd. Sinon kept watch and protected his every move. He was a pretty good player. Sinon was impressed. Though his skills seemed to good to be those of a new player. He must have practiced while she was away maybe?

He ran towards a big group and yelled out at them. He was using himself as bait. Sinon kept her sniper locked at him. He looked up at her, mouthing the words: shoot.

Sinon pulled the trigger as Hikaji placed an explosive he had as he ran quickly. As soon as the bullet touched the explosives, it wiped out the entire floor level. Even Hikaji was wiped out a bit. Sinon ran over to him, expecting to see his health drop down but he seemed stable. Hikaji opened his eyes and smiled at her.

"We did it Sinon, I knew I could believe in you," he said. "We should be a team."

"You were pretty good," she said and offered him her hand. He took it and sat up. "You must have practiced hard huh?"

He gave off a shrug. "Can I see you again?"

"Uhm."

"Please don't leave me again," he said quietly.

Sinon felt bad for Hikaji...She met him days ago in the game and all he wanted was to hang out with her and play alongside with her. He was probably just a fan, maybe he looked up to her. She smiled at the thought that she could be strength to others as well. She wanted things to change and they were changing for the better too. Kirito and her were hitting it off well, she felt happy and she had someone like Hikaji who looks up to her.

"Sure," she said and placed her hand in front of him. He smiled and shook her hand.

"Alright! It's good to have you back, partner!"

Sinon laughed quietly at him.

"I'm free usually all day long," he said and scratched the back of his head. "I'll just message you."

He smiled at her, staring at her for a moment. He walked towards her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm just really glad you're back. I won't fail you!"

Hikaji stepped back and opened up his menu log. He had his finger pointed to the log out button. Though, before he left, he just had a sincere smile at her. He waved goodbye and he disappeared.

Sinon walked over to a bench and looked up at the player logs. Hikaji was really good in this game. It was so surprising that someone new can improve in such a small time. Though, Kirito improved fast as well. Sinon opened up her menu and looked at her earnings and skill and they still seem to be in good shape. She clicked on Kirito's name and checked his status and it seems to still be how it was when they played last time. SAO was his game, but GGO is where Sinon belonged.

She logged out the game and took off the Nervegear. She picked up her phone, seeing if she had any messages. It was Kirito.

"Hey I just wanted to let you know that everyone wants to hang out tomorrow at the park. It'll be in the afternoon. Can you make it?"

"Yeah :)"

"Sounds good, can I pick you up?"

"Alright!"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Shino. Sleep well."

She put her phone away and turned the light off from her room. It wasn't a bad day today. Things finally felt nice for once.