Chapter 39

Everything seemed to be moving smoothly with her and Kirito. Thing felt nice and going in her favor. Asada-san looked at herself in the mirror, seeing herself smile. She felt happy. She loved feeling so stress free from everything. Even though a few days ago, Kirito had mentioned that he is still visiting Kyouji to check on his treatment. Even though Kirito was busy sometimes, Kirito and her would spend some of their breaks together. Kirito would walk with her to the park and help her do errands and Asada-san would get a cup of coffee whenever Kirito had a break from his work. They would always find a way to make plans together. Asada-san smiled and blushed. She enjoyed making plans with him, even if they were small. She thought about their dates together and how Kirito would pull her in for a kiss. Everything just seemed unbelievable.

She bit her lip and leaped up in the air, with her arms up. She gave a small cheer and touched her hair. It felt nice to be welcomed and loved by someone. Her phone rang, Asada-san picking it up to see his name.

"Hi, Kirito."

"Asada-san, how are you today?"

"I'm good. Did you want to grab some coffee?" she asked.

"Actually no," he said. "In fact, I'm getting off work not to soon. I actually wanted to take you out for dinner tonight."

"Dinner?"

"Yeah," he responded. "I've been wanting to take you for a while actually. Unless you already made plans?"

"No! I mean I don't have any plans, but I would love to go to dinner with you."

"That's great! I'll pick you up on our usual time. I'll see you soon."

Asada-san smiled and was about to hang up, until she felt some words escape her lips.

"Bye, I love you."

Kirito chuckled softly. "I love you too, I'll see you soon."

She hung up the phone quickly and felt herself burning up. She thought about what she should wear. She remembered her outfit from the day they went to the park, but she didn't want to repeat her looks. She looked up videos on her phone and tried to see if she could make herself seem better from the day at the park. She opened up a cabinet in where she contained a small bag of make up. Asada-san practiced with the time she had, watching simple tutorials. She applied a bit of mascara and and put on some thin eyeliner, that matched well with her eyelid. She applied a little bit of lip gloss and looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled. The idea of her getting dolled up made her embarrassed. Back when Klein had asked her out on a date, she didn't go beyond for him but went more casual. It was so different with Kirito.

She looked over at her closet and searched if she had anything that looked fancy enough for dinner. She didn't want to wear a tshirt or a long sleeve with a skirt. She looked through her clothes and found one all the way in the end. It was wrapped in a white plastic cover with a small note. It was a gift from her mother. Asada-san had forgotten how long she had this stored in her closet. She had never worn it either. She opened it up and saw that it was a turquoise dress.

It was revealing in the shoulder areas and very slim in the body form

It was revealing in the shoulder areas and very slim in the body form. The dress seemed out of her comfort zone, but she figured it would be nice for the occasion. She placed it in front of her, Asada-san blushing for how much skin it revealed. She removed her clothes and slipped on the dress, fitting perfectly on her. She turned around, checking every angle and it was nice. Though, she did feel shy. 

Asada-san looked in her other drawer and took out her curler and began to curl her hair slightly to give off a wavy look. So far, everything was looking good for the most part. She smiled at herself but then paused. She felt like she looked so odd with her glasses on with such a nice dress. She took them off, her vision getting a bit blurred. She put them back on quickly and checked to see if she had any contacts anywhere. She found a few in her restroom and carefully put them on. She never really liked wearing contacts since they felt so unnatural to her. She blinked until they felt stable. She stared at herself in the mirror and was quite surprised by how she was able to pull the look off. She blushed, feeling that anxiety creep behind her back. She wanted to change and take off the makeup she put on. She felt so embarrassed. She looked over at the time and realized that she had spent hours getting ready! It was almost time for Kirito to get out of work and pick her up. She dug further into her closet and pulled out a box, which contained some heels inside. She paused for a moment, until she opened them and put them on. She practiced walking steadily in her room, pacing. She walked around every room to practice until she felt ready. She grabbed her bag and sat down in bed, waiting for Kirito to message her back. 

Kirito was already on his way, Asada-san going back to her closet and deciding on getting a coat to keep her warm and to hide her dress. There was a knock on the door, Asada-san peering into the hole to see Kirito at the other end. She smiled and opened it. Kirito looked up at her and smiled, handing her some flowers. Kirito had on a black suit, looking well dressed as well. She thanked him and took the flowers inside. She kept her coat on, not wanting to reveal her outfit.

"Should we get going?" he asked.

She nodded. Kirito held onto her hand and guided her out of the door. She looked around for his motorbike, but she couldn't see it anywhere. He must have parked it somewhere else, maybe around the corner.

"Where's your motorbike, Kirito?"

He gave a soft chuckle and pulled out some car keys. "I didn't bring it for this occasion."

He clicked onto the alarm, the car lights blinking. He took her to his car and opened the door for her. Asada-san stepped inside as Kirito went around to get into the driver's seat.

"I didn't know you could drive a car."

"I'm a fast learner, Shino."

She smiled at that. That was true. Kirito learned his abilities quick in GGO and knowing his reputation, he was a very skilled player in SAO. She watched him make his way into the street and began to drive to their destination. She caught his eyes shift to her, Asada-san blushing and looking away. Asada-san looked outside the window, the sky getting dark already. People were outside and enjoying their own business. She was going to a new place in town that she had never been to.

"It looks really nice out," she said. "Just where exactly are you taking me, Kirito?"

He smiled.

"Oh, it's a surprise but you're going to love it."

He removed one of his hands from the wheel and held hers. She blushed, holding his hand back. Even though they weren't at their date yet, things were already starting to feel romantic.