Chapter 19

Asada-san walked out her bathroom and looked at her Nervegear.

She could've been spending a day with Kirito right now but instead she denied his request.

She sighed and went over to pick up her Nervegear. Kirito was only a distraction for her and besides she had to resolve a situation with Hikaji. She laid herself down and set the Nervegear on.

"Link start!"

When she had opened her eyes, she saw the familiar buildings of GGO. She looked down at herself and saw her usual Sinon outfit. She smiled.

"Ah, Sinon! You're back!"

She turned around to face Hikaji and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Hikaji, you're here. I actually want to talk to you."

"Really?"

He sounded please about that, but Sinon just wanted to give him a kind gesture to stop nagging her. She sat down on the small bench at the side and glanced over at him.

"First of all, can you quit pursuing me? Its gotten quite annoying."

"Annoying?" he said and sat down next to her. "I just wanted to get closer to you."

"Why?"

He shrugged and looked at her.

"I've always found you interesting. Sinon this might sound weird, but I know you more than you think," he said and held her hand. "Can you give me a chance?"

Sinon looked a bit confused at him. He claimed that he knew her when she had never even told him about herself. He must have known Sinon, but not her real self.

"There you are, I had a feeling you were going to be here," said a familiar voice.

Sinon looked away from Hikaji and gasped a bit when she saw that it was Kirito. She shook her head. Was it possible that he was here...why?

She stood up and walked towards Kirito.

"Kirito?"

He smiled. "Its been a while hasn't it?"

It was him.

She gave a small laugh. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought it was time for me to come back and recollect the times we had," Kirito said. "How about it?"

Before Sinon could reply, Hikaji stood up and walked over to her side. He looked disappointed and had a death glare at Kirito.

"So you're Kirito," he coldy said.

"And you are?" Kirito asked and faced Sinon. "Friend of yours?"

Sinon rubbed her arm and looked over at Hikaji.

"Not exactly," she said.

Hikaji scoffed and closed his eyes tightly. Kirito looked at him a bit weirdly and pulled Sinon gently to his side.

"If you don't mind, I'll be borrowing her today."

"Eh, but Kirito..." Sinon said and looked back at Hikaji.

He was standing in the same position with his head hanging low. He didn't say anything or dare to move a muscle.

Was he alright?

Kirito took her around the corner and further away from Hikaji. Kirito wasn't saying anything either, so she wondered if something was bothering him. When they reached their area, for when they first met, he let her go.

"You didn't have to drag me away so sudden. I was having a conversation with him, something really important," she said.

Kirito grabbed her by the shoulders and had a stern face.

"Who is he?"

"I've met him a few days ago. His name is Hikaji," she informed him.

"What did you need to discuss with him?"

She thought about telling Kirito but then again he would've done something over the top for her safety. Hikaji had been nagging her and surprisingly he had found her email.

"Just facts," she said and gently took his arms off her. "Nothing serious."

She lied.

It was a serious issue. If Hikaji knew her email...could it be possible for him to access her address? She shook her head. She was over thinking things too much.

"Sinon, listen to me. I don't want to see you with him anymore."

"What?" she asked surprised.

"There's something about him that doesn't make me feel right."

She bit her lip. Kirito had that feeling as well. There was something about Hikaji that they couldn't figure out.

"Okay."

That was the only response she could think of in that situation. Kirito must have noticed the change in atmosphere that he patted Sinon's head with a smile.

"It's good to see you as a sniper again."

She blushed a bit and pushed him off playfully.

"And to you as well, Kirito," she said holding her hands and muttering the last phrase. "I've missed your company in GGO."