Chapter 22

Asada-san sat up wondering about the stranger who had said her name. She bit her lip nervously, clenching onto her Nervegear.

Shino...

She looked over to her phone and reached over for it, looking through her contacts. She scrolled down until she saw his name and stopped.

She thought about if he was getting to her head and that all of this was a delusion. She exit her contacts out and shook her head.

No.

There was no way that he was still bothering her. He was put away. Though, she remembered the insanity crazed in his eyes for when she went to visit him.

He had kept repeating that he wanted Kirito dead and that he was going to be the one to kill him. Her stomach began to hurt even more that it ached her inside, making her hug herself and close her eyes.

Asada-san sat alone in her classroom, sitting in the way back with her head down. Her past memories were getting in her head, isolating herself from her own surroundings.

She had killed a man...with her own hands.

"Shino Asada right?" said a voice from behind.

Asada-san turned around and saw a boy standing next to her. He had brown hair that seemed to be a bit curved at the tips. He wore a yellow jacket and a beanie was placed on his head.

She didn't say anything but look at him. He must have noticed the awkwardness between them that he sat in the desk in front of her and gave a friendly smile.

"I'm Shinkawa Kyouji. Nice to meet you," he said.

Asada-san wasn't sure how to respond to a boy who had just approached her. She gave a slight smile at him and said the same to him. Before he can say anything else at all, three girls approached her. Asada-san frowned and looked away, knowing they were just here to bug her. Kyouji must have noticed that they were bullies that he stood up from his seat.

"I suggest you leave her alone."

"Eh who are you?" asked the girls.

"I'm a friend of hers so I suggest you back off."

Asada-san looked over at him, surprised that he stood up for her. His voice had sounded different than the tone he gave her. The girls scowled at him and walked away.

"Thank you, Shinkawa-kun..." she said.

"Call me Kyouji."

Asada-san opened her eyes and sighed. He had changed...the boy who once stood up for her was now one of the people she was afraid of. Asada-san sat up from her bed and headed outside. She thought things through and wondered about the whole incident.

She needed answers and she was going to get answers. She knew it seemed reckless but she had to go visit him once again. She walked over to the mental asylum hospital and walked towards the recipient.

"I'm here to see Kyouji. My name is Shino Asada."

The recipient looked through the computer and searched his name up.

"I'm sorry, but we don't have a reservation for any visits towards him."

"I've got to see him."

"I'm sorry. We can't let you in," said the recipient.

What?

Asada-san grew even more impatient that she ignored his statement and walked passed him.

"Miss, you cannot enter!"

She quickly ran towards the elevator and remembered the floor on where he was located. She had to ask him personally even though it was probably stupid and wrong. The elevator doors opened and she ran towards his room, but she didn't have the pass.

Damn...

She tried unlocking the code, but she didn't know what is was. Kyouji was there, just a few distance away. Asada-san stepped away, thinking on how to get in but heard someone coming. She went towards the corner and hid behind one of the walls. She heard Seijirou's voice and seemed to be talking to someone. He had documents in his hands and handed them over to someone. Seijirou stopped in front of Kyouji's room and slid the pass in.

"Be careful in there. You sure are doing something reckless," he said.

"I know," said a familar voice.

"Well if you find anything new, make sure to report it to me."

Seijirou walked away, Asada-san staying hidden until he left. When she didn't hear anyone, she came out of the hallway and looked at who he was speaking to. She saw the door was opened and when she slipped inside, she heard two voices talking to one another.

"Aha there you are."

Asada-san quickly turned around to see the security behind her. She gulped a bit as they took her by the arm and pulled her outside to the hallway.

They were taking her away when she had questions that had to be answered.

"Shino-san?"

She looked at where the voice was from and saw that it was Seijirou. The security let her go, seeing how he knew her.

"What are you doing here?"

"I needed answers."

Seijirou informed the security to leave them alone, Asada-san crossing her arms.

"You can't be here right now," he said.

"And why not? You said when I was ready."

"Please just understand," he said and began to lead her outside. "I'll make sure to tell him you visited him. Goodbye now."

Asada-san stood confused. Why weren't they letting her through? And who was he speaking to? She frowned and walked outside. She figured that maybe when he went outside, she'll have a time to talk to him.