DigiCast - Airport Familiarization

Which of the following is NOT an indication the aircraft is ready to push back from the gate? 

Support vehicles are next to the aircraft

Remember that vehicle operators must yield to all emergency vehicles responding to an emergency. There are no exceptions! Do not proceed until the emergency vehicle is well clear of you.

Powered up aircraft create a condition known as jet blast that can create a force of wind behind the aircraft that can propel objects or debris. 

 What should you do if you find FOD? Put it in a covered container that will not be blown over

 After passing through a gate you must wait at the gate until the gate has completely closed

Jet blast or propeller wash can create a force of wind behind the aircraft that can propel objects or debris, potentially causing serious damage or injury. 

If you are involved in a collision with an aircraft, it's not acceptable for the aircraft to be flown if you cannot see any damage. 

Aircraft and responding emergency vehicles always have the right of way. 

You do not need clearance from ATCT to operate a vehicle on the Non-Movement Area. 

Who has the right of way at all times?  Aircraft.

Remember that vehicle operators must yield to all emergency vehicles responding to an emergency. There are no exceptions! Do not proceed until the emergency vehicle is well clear of you. 

Vehicles must be equipped with two headlights and one or more taillights, both operational and visible from a distance of 500 feet.

The Non-Movement Area consists of apron/ramp and hangar areas. 

You must report any collisions between you and/or others and an aircraft to the aircraft operator and Airport Operations immediately. 

Never park under any part of an aircraft, in an aircraft parking area, or in a safety area. 

Failure to drive safely and responsibly may result in disciplinary action being taken by the Airport. 

The solid yellow line is on the non-movement side of the Movement/Non-Movement Area Boundary Marking.

Safety is your number one priority when driving on the AOA.

ARFF must always be notified immediately when a fuel spill of any size occurs at the airport. 

You are facing an aircraft with a red wing tip on your right. That means this aircraft is coming towards you. 

Parking is not allowed in an aircraft parking area as long even if it is short-term

After passing through a gate, why must you ensure it is completely closed before proceeding? To prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the AOA

Small objects left on the AOA can be ingested by a jet engine, causing very expensive damage or even an aircraft accident. 

If you see a strange vehicle on the AOA or apron, what should you do? Stop the vehicle and offer assistance and contact airport operations

Aircraft wing tips have different colored lights that help you know which direction the aircraft is traveling.

When a fuel spill occurs, make every effort to contain it until ARFF responds. 

Areas inside the perimeter fence, including the airport's runways, taxiways, air carrier and general aviation aprons, and safety areas, make up the AOA.