Aviation 101 MOOC - Radio Communication and ATC Quiz

During a flight, the pilot must be aware of airplanes in the vicinity. To do this, the pilot can use their eyes to visually scan the area, use TIS-B that provides tracking information, and use ADS-B to display airplanes on a traffic display. 

When talking to air traffic control, the pilot is transmitting through a VHF radio.

While transmitting to ATC, a pilot uses the phonetic alphabet to ensure that there is no confusion. The proper pronunciation of the number "five" is fife.

Flight Service provides flight plan filing, weather briefing, and NOTAM retrieval. 

Wilco means that I understand the instruction and will comply with them.

When operating at a non-towered airport, pilots communicate on a common traffic advisory frequency.

The guard frequency should be monitored especially during cross-country operations. In order to do this, the pilot inputs 121.5 into the radio.

Air traffic control has asked if you are able to accept a short approach. The most appropriate answer, if able, would be: affirmative.

You're going on your first solo cross-country flight! Congratulations! The first contact with air traffic control while at a Class C airport is clearance delivery.

During normal cross-country operations, pilots can communicate with ATC. The air traffic controller will provide traffic information, precipitation information, and other need-to-know information, workload permitting. This service is referred to as flight following.

"North Central traffic, Cessna six-eight-four-six-niner, left base runway two-three, North Central." is a correct example of a radio communication at a non-towered airport.