Crashing

*Y/N's P. O. V.*

"I'm beginning to think Eurus is giving us a chance to escape. Have you lost contact with that lead of yours?" I asked James.

He and I were out of the island again to do some quick errand for Eurus. It hasn't been a day since we arrived back but she kicked us out immediately for this one-and-done mission. I bet my soul there's a deeper reason why we're here.

"There's no way to contact him anymore," he answered, still busy typing away on his laptop. We're still staying in this hotel near the private airport, just waiting for the signal that the plane has arrived to get us out of here.

"What do you think will happen this time? Surely this isn't just it," I said as I sit near him on the edge of the bed.

James stopped typing for a second, looking like he's contemplating if he'd answer my question or not, but he ended up being silent.

He was still weird...but today, he's differently weird. I can't tell why, but I feel like he's glowing and not at the same time. The energy he radiates is excitement but there's a hint of uncertainty too.

"Talk to me, Moriarty. It's not like I'm gonna betray you or anything. I mean, that could still happen, but I've been noticing something has changed about you and it's been bothering," I stated which made him stare at me, "What's going on?"

"Are you now my personal therapist as well? He asked which made me roll my eyes, "Alright, doc. Guide me through it," he continued while having a cheeky smirk.

He closed his laptop and immediately laid in front of me, leaning his head on my lap.

"I don't feel like myself anymore, doc," he continued to mock me with this tone of his. I honestly wanted to choke him right then and there, but that playful sentence sounded a little too honest.

"Why? Is it because of me?" I decided to play along with him, "You just found out you have a heart and that it's in love with me, have you?" I don't know where I got the courage to say that, but the words just slipped out of my mouth.

James was slightly taken back, but then he laughed at me, "Bold claims there, Holmes," he said, technically not answering my question.

"I just know something is going on with you. You're distracted, I feel like you are repressing something and that is so unlike you. I'm actually beginning to think you are an impostor. I don't know what, I don't know why, but I can see it. I know you know it and what's causing it...and whatever it is, drop it," I stated as I stare down at him.

"Don't worry, I will," he replied, his stare became distant.

"Good. Then get off me before I --

James suddenly began to sit up, catching my cheeks midway and before I know it, we were kissing right there. He slowly brings himself to a sitting position without breaking the contact. I was the one who pulled away first to catch my breath.

"You have to stop doing this, James." I'm sure my face is red now, I can feel the warmth on my cheeks.

"I know," he truthfully said, but the ironic thing is, we went for it again.

We both know we shouldn't be doing this, but we always find ourselves in this situation again and again. I was the one who initiated it the last time, but now, he's the one not letting go.

I could feel my heart racing as our lip contact last longer and longer. I have lost track of time, deciding to drop all the care in the world as I let myself fall in this moment. As a matter of fact, I'm already laying against the bed headboard with him above me.