Memories

*John's P. O. V.*

"Sherlock, talk to me. You haven't said a single word since we have arrived here and have buried yourself on the laptop screen. What's happening?" I've lost count on how many times I tried to start a conversation with him. The guy wouldn't budge and his eyes remained fixated on the laptop screen. I did check on what he is looking at, but it was just the video call dashboard. Occasionally, he types something but never said a word.

We have arrived in New York during Christmas eve and things were looking busy. The festive feel is in the air, but I don't feel much of it since we're here for a different reason. I don't really know what Sherlock is planning, as always, but I can tell he just wants to get Y/N.

Sherlock remained silent. His eyes are still on the device but the gaze was distant. He's deep thinking and for some reason, I could sense worry on them. Come to think of it, he seemed tense too. During times when he wants to think silently, Sherlock is at his most relaxed state, not something like this.

"Sherlo--

"She hasn't called back or reached out or messaged again," he finally spoke and I immediately know who he was talking about.

"Y/N always does that. Besides, she's on a mission, give her time." It's unusual to see Sherlock like this and truth be told, his demeanor is making me worry too. He always has the highest faith in Y/N, but now, that seemed non-existent.

Out of nowhere, his laptop made a sound which made him jolt. There was a split second of beam on his eyes, but it immediately disappeared.

"What do you want, Mycroft?" he answered the call. I walked to Sherlock's side to see who's on the other screen as well. To my shock, the two of them have the same expression. I always see Sherlock and Mycroft not agreeing on the same thing, but right now, both of them seemed to be in the same place in their minds.

"Where is Y/N? Has she called you?" Mycroft asked, trying to be casual about it. He was doing some paperwork, but I can see that he's bothered about something.

It's so weird to be able to read them like this. They seemed so transparent tonight, especially with their worry towards Y/N.

"No. Her last update was when she entered the auction's location and that was it," Sherlock explained and now, he's trying to call Y/N's account too but it just kept ringing.

"It's been five hours already. She always updates us especially when we know she's on a mission. Continue to call her. I'll see what I can do on my end," Mycroft said before abruptly dropping the call.

Something is definitely going on. These two people are on the bottom on my list when it comes to being worried about Y/N. They know her and her capabilities, they've come to terms with the fact that Y/N could meet her end anytime and had once wished it upon her. But everything I mentioned seemed not to matter tonight, their brotherly worry is the one thing that's certain now.

Finally, Sherlock gave me some explanation as to why they were bothered by Y/N's silence. It turns out Vaughn, the one that Y/N killed last year when we saved an arena full of people, has a twin and he's the one running the auction. Clearly, he knows Y/N, and putting two and two together, we know it's going to be bad for her.

"We found out a little too late so we failed to warn her, but I'm sure Moriarty knows. No doubt they will be ready," Sherlock said confidently, which is a bit contradictory to the fact that he is still looking bothered right now.

"Deduction, not intuition, Sherlock. I'm sure she's fine. That girl is as tough as nails," I tried to reassure him.

I waited for him to give me a snarky remark towards the fact that I accused him of using intuition rather than his deduction skills, but Sherlock remained silent. He's really distant and it's obvious he's occupied on thinking about something else. I could also see him clenching his jaw, looks like he really can feel something.