Waiting...

*Y/N's P.O.V.*

Seriously, first night with Sherlock and I'm already crying. I've really gone soft through these two years, but now I hope I begin to change that again...because I'm literally up for hell from now on.

I stormed out of Sherlock's apartment after I talked back to him and I was happy that no one followed me. Anyways, I'm not even planning to go out of this building on my own at this hour. It's not that I'm afraid that Moriarty's already waiting there to kill me, I just think this is not the right time to die.

I angrily sat down on the stairs in front of the building's door, silently wiping my tears away and setting my mind clear again. I really have no time to deal with other things right now, I have to focus on being the bait and not fail, because again...this is a life and death situation. And also this time, Moriarty would really want to kill me.

"I heard some shouting upstairs. Don't sit in there, dear. Do you want some tea?" the landlady, Mrs. Hudson, told me when she saw me in there. I really want some company right now and she's the best that I got so I gave her a small smile and went inside her flat. "I would like to apologize for those boys up there, they get so moody sometimes. This has actually happened a lot lately," she said and I have to say, she's a jolly and kind person.

I think that she doesn't know me, well, honestly no one knows who I am. She's maybe thinking that I'm a client that Sherlock rejected or degraded while I was up there. She kindly let me sit in front of the table and soon enough she served me tea and just sat on the opposite side.

"Thank you, you really are kind like what John says in his blogs," I said to her and she blushed.

"Oh, no, not really. I just like to do this to people. Also, those boys have been a part of my life now, it's like family in here," she said and I chuckled at what she said. Actually, I was smiling sadly now.

"Funny how can he make someone feel like family. I wish I was still that close to him," I whispered to myself and Mrs. Hudson stared at me with confusion.

"Pardon, dear?" she said. I just looked back at her and smiled. I considered that she's one of Sherlock's closest friend, she can know who I really am.

"Sorry, Ma'am. I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Y/N...Y/N Holmes. Sherlock and Mycroft's foster younger sister." I told her and she stared at me like I just became a ghost.

"Heavens! Is that true? How can they not mention you all these years?! You are not telling a lie, right?" she said in shock and I laughed.

"Well, I wish I am, but unfortunately, I'm not. I'm legally related to the Holmes family, Mrs. Hudson. They are my brothers, I was just kept in the United States to keep me from the troubles here in England, but I guess that stops now," I said.

"There must be a serious reason why you are here right now. Oh, but dear me, another Holmes. You must be quite intelligent too," she said excitedly and I really like that. I need to relax my head right now.

"Nah, it's not like my brother's. They can fight about the position who is the smartest among us, I mean, they can brawl to get the title," I said, stopping myself before I can even say anything that Mycroft will not appreciate, fortunately, Mrs. Hudson didn't seem to hear it.

"But I know there is something special about you, they adopted you. That family is quite the extraordinary one," she said that made me laugh while nodding. I couldn't really disagree with her.

Mrs. Hudson and I continued to talk and it amazed me how she easily became comfortable with me and vice versa. She really is a nice woman, just like a mom to me too. Maybe this is a why Sherlock and John has a soft spot for her, if I was always here, I really wouldn't let anything bad happen to her too.

"Well, if you are planning to stay here in England, I'll be more than glad to offer you 221 C's flat. It's not big as Sherlock's, but I think it will do for you," she said with a smile.

"Really? Thank you, Mrs. Hudson, I really appreciate it." I answered her.

"Family has to stay together, right?" she said with a smirk. "Your brother might be a pain in the arse, but it's just him. He'll come to his senses again. Now go, you need to rest, your eyes are involuntarily shutting right now." she kindly told me and I stood up. She walked me out of her flat too.

"It's nice finally meeting you, Mrs. Hudson. Have a good night." I said.

"Same to you, dear," she replied and closed the door.

I looked up at the stairs and all I did was to sigh, look's like I had to face my brother again.

--------

I stood in front of the 221 C's door. It's really near to Sherlock's apartment which really made me feel safe and not at the same time. I was just standing there for a couple of seconds, staring at Sherlock's door wondering if they are still in there after I was gone for almost an hour. I guess they wouldn't be too worried because I know Sherlock already deduced that I'm just at Mrs. Hudson's apartment and thankfully, letting me be.

Finally, I decided to open the door and went inside. The moment I walked in, my heart almost fell from where it is.

"Jesus, Sherlock! You scared me." I said because the room was dim lighted and Sherlock was already sitting on the sofa inside. Sitting so firm and probably on his mind palace.

"You ruined my concentration, Y/N," he said and I just rolled my eyes at him. I went inside the apartment and closed the door behind. "I know Mrs. Hudson will give you this flat so I decided to let myself in first and wait for you," he continued, finally looking at me.

I sighed at him, having this gloomy expression again.

"I'm tired and sleepy, Sherlock. If you're going to say more things, go ahead and make it fast," I honestly told him. Sherlock just walked near me and before I can react he gave me a quick hug.

"I apologize for what I have said earlier, but you, out of all people, should know I am like that. But it's been years since we've been together or even talked to each other. I should have known you've grown, and there are things that are different now that I may not know yet," he started to say while looking at me. "I should not have degraded you, sister. That was never my intention. Maybe I just forgot the fact that you can be something, besides, that was the reason why I chose you at that orphanage. Again, I apologize for making you feel this way," he continued.

I honestly hear the sincerity of in his voice, it might be faint but at least he really is trying. I gave him a quick smile as I nodded.

"I'm sorry for my words, too," I said. "But thank you, Sherlock. And I would like to put it this way, let's help each other get our main goal done here. I can handle myself, what I want you to do more is to do everything you can just to get a grip on him. He made too much damage now and I'm sure as hell he's not done." I told him and he nodded at me.

"Take a good night rest, sister. The game will eventually start sooner or later, you better prepare yourself and just wait," he said while walking away, not even looking at me, he just turned back once more when he was about to close the door. "Sleep tight, sister mine."

"Same to you, brother mine." I said, and I was left alone inside the apartment.

Finally, I have the alone time I need.

---------------------------------

I usually hate waking up so early in the morning, but I guess that has to change now. I looked at the alarm clock next to me and it reads five thirty in the morning. The sun is already rising and the streets outside this building are already sounding busy.

I just decided to lay for a little longer and think about what will happen after this. Maybe it's just like what Sherlock said...prepare and wait. Moriarty will know we'll be expecting him, he would probably reach to us...me...in his other creative ways. I really have to prepare for that.

I tried to sigh my thoughts away and finally deciding to get up and go about my daily routine. Surely, Sherlock will be busy today with cases and I think that's a good distraction from all the troubled thoughts I have. Besides, I always want to go out on cases with Sherlock and John, it'll be exciting.

Minutes later, I was finally done and I decided to go to Sherlock's apartment. I went out of my room, closing it behind and walking towards 221 B's door. I was about to knock at the door when I noticed someone who just came from downstairs.

"Good morning. What's a beautiful young lady doing outside this freak's flat?" the guy said and I began to observe him. Anderson - the first person I thought after I observed his appearance. John has described him in his blogs. I'm finally able to meet the person who somehow hates and believes my brother at the same time and look at that, he's hitting on me.

"I do believe that Mr. Holmes is not a freak," I told him with a smile. I want to put up a show here, surely Sherlock will like it because I can now see a faint shadow under his door, he's probably listening to me and Anderson at the moment.

"Oh, you don't know him. He's mad." Anderson continued and he chuckled after saying that like as if he's the cool kid and he's talking about the loser. I honestly don't want to be mean to him like Sherlock does, but maybe I'll just keep on playing this right now. " If you need any help, I believe that we can help you more at the station or maybe talk to me over a coffee," he continued and I can't believe he's really hitting on me. I'm like eight years younger than him, what the heck is wrong with him?

But then suddenly, a thought came to my mind. He, Jim, is also a lot older than I am but I never think of it as a problem...guess I'm biased. Okay, Y/N, focus!

"Yeaaah. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather talk to a psychopath. That's my forte." I answered Anderson with sass and a smirk and he just looked at me in shock. Finally, Sherlock decided to open the door and he's already looking at me seriously.

"I'll have you know, I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath," he told me with no expression and I kept on smirking at him.

"I wasn't pertaining to you," I answered and his expression changed from serious to a deadly glare. I just laughed it off. "I'm kidding, Sherly!" I kept on teasing my brother, I really missed doing so. I was just giggling while I playfully kiss him on the cheeks.

"Y-you both know each other?" Anderson asked with his very shocked expression that I know both I and Sherlock enjoys right now.

"He's my boyfriend," I joked, just playing with Anderson more and Sherlock just glanced at me as if saying 'Really?'

Sherlock was about to say something, but he stopped because another voice was heard.

"What are you still doing by the door. We don't have all day, Anderson!" a middle-aged man came up and from that moment I knew it was Greg Lestrade. He just continuously walked towards the apartment and I greeted him with a smile. He just looked at me then to Sherlock curiously, but I have to admit, Anderson's expression is still the best.

Next to Greg, another girl came. Donovan, I thought. I have this feeling inside of me of already not liking her from that moment. She just looked at Anderson who was stunned in there like a not responding program.

"Tried hitting on someone who's superior to him," Sherlock spoke as he sat down on his couch. I saw Donovan gave a deadly glare at Anderson and that made me laugh that instant.

"Oh, you people are early. Looks like you already met Y/N," John just came in too, immediately sitting on his spot.

"Uh. Um. No, Sherlock is she your...-" Lestrade started to speak.

"No, she is not. She's my sister - Y/N. Foster sister to be exact. She was supposed to be in the US but now for some reason, she's here and related to all the chaos in England" Sherlock explained and I sat on the armrest of his couch. The three new people inside the apartment looked at me in shock, as if they are not believing what Sherlock just said. "What? Are you to believe it more if I say she is my girlfriend?" Sherlock asked sarcastically.

"You have a point there, brother. Having a secret sister is more possible to happen to you than having a girlfriend." I teased him and both John and Greg snorted with the joke too. Sherlock rolled his eyes on us.

"Enough. It's true, she's my sister, it's shocking, yes...blah...blah...blah. And you, Anderson, don't try to hit on my sister again. I'm just saying that your DNA wouldn't even survive when it came to contact with hers," Sherlock said and I elbowed him. I stared at him, indicating that he's being too mean.

"Well, Sherlock is right, enough of this," Lestrade said, gaining his posture again. "Uh, Y/N, welcome to England. I hope you enjoy your stay." he said and I smiled at him too.

"I really hope so too." I whispered.

"She will, from now one there'll be the three of us in these cases." Sherlock suddenly said that made me look at him in shock. He gave me a nod indicating that I'm on his team now which was just amazing for me.

"Great, now I'm sure we'll get this done a lot earlier. Another Holmes on the team." Greg said that made me blush. Having that last name really has its perks. "Donovan, give Sherlock the evidence," he ordered and soon enough we began to discuss this new case.

These cases will be like my training grounds ones again...while I wait for the real game to start.