Promises

*Y/N's P.O.V.*

Two days were not enough to get everything healed up, but at least I'm far from both physically and mentally falling apart now.

I stayed with my brothers and John for the last 48 hours and just being near them kept me sane. Yes, they did tell everything I have to know and helped me understand things that scared me shitless, but I think the biggest factor that helped me is their presence. Even Mycroft stayed with us and he's the person that's rarely home.

I did get better immediately, I think that comes with being in this kind of field and life where everything should go fast. I was able to accept the fact that my biological father was a monster and that I killed him when I was seven. It's all still shocking, but the more I dwell on it, the more things made sense to me. It just made me realize why I am like this.

I'm ashamed that I almost succumbed to my breaking point, really. Having those episodes wasn't like me at all, but the stress, confusion, and fear led me to that spot. I was just lucky that I have these three people prepared to keep me up.

So far, this had been the worst Christmas I ever experienced during my existence but I did feel the holiday spirit after staying with them which was unexpected. My brothers never cared for festivities and have always looked at them as meaningless events. They still do, but I think they just spoiled me this year so I can get back to myself immediately, which thankfully worked.

We're now heading towards the airport because it's time to separate ways. Our time in New York is up and we need to face our own realities again.

"You sure you'll be fine now, Y/N?" John asked me as I walk them to their terminal.

"Well, based on the fact that she is radiating too much energy again, I'm announcing that she will be," Mycroft said.

"Mmhmm. I'm fine now, in fact, you can easily tell that by the fact that I'm annoying my brothers again," I said with a small smile, "Besides, whether I'm fine or not, I still have a deranged sister waiting for me so we really have to separate ways now."

"You keep yourself alive and sane, okay? Again, don't let these two worry to their deaths," John said as he hug me while I nodded. r=Right that moment I saw Sherlock and Mycroft roll their eyes which made me chuckle.

"Thank you," I told Sherlock and Mycroft. At first, I was reluctant to go and give them both a hug, but I still ended up doing it. Sherlock awkwardly patted my head while Mycroft just stood there as I felt his heartbeat, "You guys really suck at this," I laughed at them, but this is all normal to me and I would never wish for anything else honestly.

"Just be safe, Y/N," Mycroft said while staring at me warmly.

"We'll see you again soon so you better not lose your mind," Sherlock added.

"I won't. That's a promise. I'll see you all soon. Have a safe flight."

I waved at them as they walk further until I can see them no more. I took a deep breath to steady myself because it's time to get back to work again.

~~~~~

Before I head back to the person that gave me back to my brothers, I needed to visit someone first - Logan. I was so busy losing my mind that I've become selfish and didn't even think of going to him as soon as I can. I'm honestly feeling so guilty that all I did for these two days was send him a message saying I am alive and not even asking how he was doing. I really hope he's not disappointed with me.

After getting some flowers, I went to the hospital that he was admitted to. Unsurprisingly, there are some authorities guarding him. I guess that's reasonable considering the fact that he witnessed a high profile criminal event. They did let me visit him after they questioned me. Thankfully, my skills are at work again and I managed to get in without raising any suspicion.