Choose

*Y/N's P. O. V. *

The soft doorbell of our suite had become irritating after a number of room services were requested by James. At this point, I've lost count how many times it rang and I'm beginning to feel embarrassed because I can tell that the staff are getting annoyed with this antic. They're probably also wondering why I, a single soul in this room because of course, they don't know I'm with a psychopath, needs so much food and supplies.

I groaned as I get off the bed and glared at James who's doing his own business in the dining area.

"Seriously?" I mouthed at him, tired of answering the door. James gave me a shrug which irritated me more.

I immediately opened the door once I'm in front of it. My apologies are ready for the staff, but it seemed like I didn't need it anyway.

"I found something Y/N." Logan was on the other side of the door. We weren't supposed to meet until tomorrow, but I guess something urgent came up.

I've told him where we were staying and asked him to come over tomorrow. We've been very busy and thankfully, we already made some progress looking for this violin. Logan and I already worked the whole day yesterday at his shop which resulted in getting some lead and clearly, that really did lead to something.

"I'm sorry I came unannounced. I'm around the area when I got this news so I decided to drop by to tell you," Logan explained. I can see that familiar fire in his eyes, this is really giving me some nostalgic feelings too.

"No need to explain. Come in." I let him inside the suite and the moment I came inside, I can already tell that James was staring at me.

"You...stay in the same room?" Logan quietly asked me when he realized that I wasn't alone.

"Mmhmm. So what did you find?" I quickly tried to kill the topic before it gets somewhere else. I made sure to keep his attention on me and our mission.

"We were right. There will be a big auction party that will be happening Christmas Eve and I suspect that's where we'll find what you are looking for. Fortunately, I had intel that told me someone could get us in that exclusive event. We can meet him tonight," he explained.

"That's great, Logan. Seriously, thank you for giving me a hand on this," I sincerely told him.

"Always, Y/N," he answered, "But it's not the time to celebrate yet. We may be infiltrating a high-profile syndicate here. I've been hearing this auction for years already. Obviously, it's more than just your typical auction. I've heard a lot of nasty things about it so we really need to be careful. You know, not dip on other businesses. Just get the violin and get out," he explained.

"I don't intend to go over someone else's business anyway, especially now that I already have a heavy burden on me. I get what you're saying, don't worry," I assured.

Logan continued to brief me about what he planned on doing tonight to meet this person that could get us in that auction. He said this person liked partying at bars and he'd be available later tonight. All we have to do is act like criminals that are interested in whatever the hell is going on with that auction.

"Consider it done. I'll be ready later," I said.

"I know you will. In fact, I think you're all set even now. A criminal and interested in a mysterious auction?" Logan teased with a cheeky smile.

"I'm not a criminal," I said while chuckling, but come on, we all know that's a lie at this point. We continued to plan for tonight and when it's all been set, Logan prepared to leave.

"Well, I guess I'll see you again later tonight, Ms. Not a criminal," he teased as I walk him out the door.

"I'll see you then," I waved my goodbye before closing the door again, leaving me along with a silent psychopath inside the suite.