Broken

*Sherlock's P.O.V.*

"Sherlock," Y/N murmured in shock the moment I opened the door. It's obvious she was taken back by the fact I'm here in New York, but her eyes also say she's thankful that I am.

My sister immediately hugged me. She did look like she's all over the place and needs someone to lean on, physically and mentally.

"Fix her. I need her back after 2 days or your biological sister will kill us," Moriarty, who was behind her, said as he was walking away. Of course, he's the one who brought Y/N here. I never disclosed our location earlier. I didn't even mention I was in New York, but knowing him, I know he'd find me in no time.

I didn't stop him from going. Y/N is the one we need now and it seems like she needs us too, "Get yourself together, Y/N. I know you're brave, but I need you to be a little braver this time," I told her the moment she pulled away from the hug.

"I think I'm going insane, Sherlock. I don't know what's going on with me," she stated.

"Sherlock, who was ---" John emerges from one of the rooms, --- "Y/N?"

"Good to see you again, Doctor Watson," Y/N greeted him with a small smile. The two united with a quick hug.

"Get comfortable for a while, Y/N. We'll talk later," I told her, "Keep her company for a little, John."

I left the two of them in the living room and I went back to my working station. I do know what I need to tell Y/N. I had all the facts right now and can outright narrate everything to her face, but I know there's a better way to do this. I just don't know how to go there.

Looking from afar, I could tell something is wrong with her. Y/N is annoyingly upbeat most of the time. Her energy always seeps right through her skin and she uplifts anything that can be uplifted within her surrounding, but I can't see that aura now. I have to admit that even if it's annoying, seeing her like this is bothering.

She tries to keep it normal while talking to John, but I can see right through her lies. She's lost, tired, and scared...the same kid I've seen back at that orphanage. Whatever happened to her last night did shake her.

"Why are you and Sherlock here? Do you have a case here?" Y/N asked John.

"You. You are the case, Y/N. Sherlock decided we should check on you or maybe do something to extract you from your situation, but I guess, now's not the time for that," he answered Y/N, "You know Y/N, as someone who's now close with the Holmes, it hurts me to always see you in such a mess of a state. Compared to Sherlock and Mycroft, you really do get yourself into a more extreme situation. You have to keep it low at times. You're gonna break your brothers one day because they'll worry too much."

Y/N gave a low chuckle then broke her eye contact with John, "I'm really trying. It's just that I make stupid mistakes at times. I'm really sorry, John." Y/N replied which got John to pat her on the shoulder.

I was about to talk at this point but was interrupted by a knock on the door. John immediately checked who was on the other side through the peephole. His reaction easily made me realize who was outside.

The moment he looked, his posture became relaxed - meaning whoever is outside doesn't pose a threat to his eyes so it couldn't be Moriarty or Eurus or any of our enemy. John did stop a bit to think, which means he got confused, but didn't show any hesitation to open the door, so this person is someone we know.

"Don't start without me. I'm the eldest, so I should be present in this sudden meeting," Mycroft said the moment John opened the door for him.

"Wow, we can never hide from these people, huh?" John commented.