Infinite

*Declan's P. O. V.*

The silence inside of Sherlock's apartment was broken when the doorbell suddenly rang. We are not expecting anyone today and as always, he doesn't react like as if he heard nothing and John was forced to get his attention off from his laptop to answer it.

"Don't worry, I'll get it," I said and he looked at me thankfully.

I opened the door expecting to see a client, instead, I saw a bouquet of beautiful flowers left carefully on the ground. The sweet and aromatic scent of the orchids forming a beautiful bouquet hit my nose. It was charming to be honest, this is definitely not your ordinary flowers. After examining it, I can tell it's one of the rarest orchid in the world.

I sighed, already knowing where this came from. I took the bouquet inside and inserted among the flowers is a small piece of paper.

"It's been a year already. Might do something special about it. Bring this to her. - J. M."

Has it been that long already?

"That's such a lovely smell, what's that?" John set his laptop down.

"It's from him. He wanted me to bring it to mom," I answered.

"Doesn't your mother despise flowers?" Sherlock asked, not looking up from his notebook.

"Yes she does. I kept telling him to stop with the bouquets, but you know him, if he wants to do it, he'll do it." I set down the flowers on the table carefully.

"Where is he anyway?" Sherlock asked.

"I don't think he's the one that left this. He's still not in England as far as I know," I answered.

It might be hard to believe this but my father and the whole Holmes siblings had been on light truce terms. Of course, tension is still there. I think with one wrong move or word, they'll be on each other's throats again, but what happened a year ago had created a bridge that made them all meet halfway.

Honestly, mom would be ecstatic about this.

When Moriarty recovered from the incident, Sherlock and Mycroft didn't surrender him to any authorities, instead, they made a deal. Somehow, my dad agreed to be virus in their industry that is set to destroy everyone that is related to that incident. Moriarty wants nothing but revenge and my uncles did want the same. He willingly gave Sherlock and Mycroft every intel he can and vice versa. It's scary actually. Seeing them have meetings sometimes feels like they're about to rule the world with a snap. Sometimes I couldn't take it myself either, the feel of having geniuses around me is too much.

But it is what it is and I'm happy with these terms. I get to stay with my uncles when he's away and they let me stay with him if he's in England. As weird as it is to say, they trust him to take care of me. I never thought I'd see it happen, honestly.

"I'll just call him, tell me if you need to pass a message," I told Sherlock before going to my room.

I dialed in his number. Actually, I'm just expecting it to ring and no one would answer. He'd been busy lately, but to my surprise, he picked up.

"Received the flowers?" he asked straight.

"Yeah, hi dad. Good to hear from you again after a week," I great him, sounding a little feisty. I've been more comfortable calling him dad and I once thought he'd just explode and tell me to stop calling him that, but that never came, "Yes, the flowers are here."

"I was busy, kid. You know what I'm doing ---

"Just at least tell me if you're still alive. I'm worried," I said honestly. There was a brief silence and then he sighed.