Start The End {Flashback Chapter}

{A/N: These are flashbacks, explaining the events when Jim and Y/N have first met}

*Y/N's P.O.V*

"Sherlock will definitely kill us if he finds out about this," I murmured as I look at all the files and weapons that Mycroft has given to me. It contains the most confidential and twisted information about the most notorious Consulting Criminal in England, Sherlock's archnemesis - James Moriarty. The weapons that he also gave to me are way more serious than anything I have ever handled before and that's why I know this is war. "Yep, he definitely will if he finds out." I continued.

"Y/N, I have it under control. Sherlock is out of this mission. He does what he can and I'm asking you what you can do. He doesn't know what we're going to do," Mycroft assured, but he's still looking at me worriedly. "I hate to admit that I am feeling some sort of regret by pulling you into this now, but I guess that is all too late." He said.

"Come on, I've been doing a lot of undercover missions lately. I can do this." I told him.

"Maybe you're forgetting about something. It's him we're talking about. As smart as Sherlock but as evil as Satan himself. If he caught you or doubted you even a little bit, I'm sure as hell that he will skin you alive," He explained and I must say that scared me.

I know what I'm going to do, what I'm going to start with this mission of mine. If I fail, I'm dead and if I succeed, well, I'll be the first, and I think, the only one can do this. Fool the only known consulting criminal in the world...Mr. James Moriarty. Insane, right? But as my brother told me, I might be the only one to do this. Be with him...on a personal level...and stay sane through the whole course. I know that I can do that too, all I need is just to get to that personal place of his, which I think is the hardest part of this mission.

"So, let's just get this straight, brother. I'm just going to go and befriend him. Act as an ally, a partner, maybe his right hand and going on a personal level to get personal information...weak points, most confidential files and things as such," I started to say and my brother just nodded at me. It's a very simple mission, to be honest, the only thing that is not simple is Moriarty. "What if I had the chance to kill him? Can I do it?" I asked calmly as I organize the guns that are in front of me.

"I want to say yes to that, but it seems Moriarty is the information himself. He is still needed. What's important is you be our eye, give us warning ahead of time and don't let him catch you," He answered which somehow disappointed me. Well, if I can kill a man like him, I'll be a hero of something for sure.

Silence emerged after our talk as I readied all the things that I need. Somehow I also need to be a criminal while doing this work to get to that dark side where I will be finding him. Mycroft told me not to worry about those things as apparently he got my back and I'll only be killing those who are also criminals so I think its a good-good situation.

Besides, I'm always like this...to me it's never really the morals, it's always what weighs more important than the other. The option that can benefit more people is always the better choice for me. It's not that I'm a psychopath, all I'm saying is I don't really mind getting my hands dirty for this...besides, it's my line of work anyways.

"So, I guess this is goodbye for now? I really need to cut all ties to my old life from now on?" I said to my brother and he looked at me with a serious expression.

"Promise me you'll be very careful, Y/N," Mycroft said and I nodded at him.

"I will," I answered then hugged him. "Say hi to Sherlock for me. Take care, brother-mine."

"Same to you, sister-mine." He said and with that, I went off...with no assurance of coming back.

------------