Worst Nightmare

*James' P.O.V.*

"You definitely should not be here," I immediately heard Y/N's frustrated yet worried voice the moment I descended back on the floor where we separated. I have no idea what she was talking about or who she was talking to, but when I turned the corner to see her, I understood everything.

"I guess you really are so much like your mother," I commented, seeing Declan together with her.

"The desire to be in such extreme situations runs in my blood, won't you agree?" he said while holding back a proud smirk. I have to admit, I liked his tone and confidence.

"Declan,"  Y/N warned. She was a little angry, but worry dominates her emotions right now. I got closer to them and saw that the kid was geared up. I immediately noticed a smart watch around his wrist and that could be our easy way out here.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I know the seriousness of the situation, mom but I prepared. You yourself raised me and you know for a fact that I'll really do something like this once you're in danger. Just let me help," the kid said.

"The kid is absolutely right, love," I added. Y/N slapped my chest with the back of her hand.

"Don't encourage this. I know damn well he's capable of great things, but he's still a kid, he should NOT be in this fucked up situation!" Y/N let out her frustrations and I rolled my eyes. Unnecessary emotions are being poured out again.

Y/N sighed and then knelt in front of Declan, "Look, I'm really really proud of what you can do Declan and I'm so glad you came to help us, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from and why I'm being like this. I trust you, but not the people here with us. They're out to kill me and James and they'll stop at nothing to do it and if you're here......

"Stop blabbering, Y/N. Nothing will happen to him," I interrupted her boring outburst of emotions, my words sounding more of a threat  than just a normal statement

"He's right, mom. We got each other's backs," the kid said and Y/N just nodded in defeat.

"Let's just get out of here fast. Tell me everything you got," she told him.

"I asked Eurus for help," he started bold and Y/N became totally speechless at this point, "And she did help. She came by Sherlock's and told me the plan, he and Mycroft agreed to this. I came in here by being the gift to Moriarty. I'm the one in the box and Eurus equipped me with everything. She got access to most control here in the building and I have it here. There's an emergency elevator pod that's in here and that's our way out. We just need to find it and leave. Easy," he explained in a clear, concise, and straight-forward manner.

"Okay....Okay. Can you try to locate where it is? We'll head there straight now," Y/N said, finally getting her head back to the game. She stood up and faced me again. "I killed six more. You?"

"Five. Well that only leaves 4, you don't have to overthink now," I replied confidently, "Have you killed him already?" I asked in excitement, knowing she knows who I'm talking about."

"I hope. Too much exposure to tear gas can kill, right?" she asked, a little bit embarrassed and she should be.

"Oh come on, Y/N. That's tame. You should have ripped his face off," I told her in disappointment.

"Well, I'm sorry. The bastard had a gun and all I have was a fucking dagger and a taser --

"Mom, words." Declan suddenly spoke while still busy clicking on his watch. Y/N blushed. This is what I don't like about her, emotions always get the best of her.