See You Again

*Y/N's P. O. V.*

I felt like I haven't stopped moving for the past month and thankfully, my body is still not punishing me for it.

I haven't stopped searching for my kid right from the moment he was considered missing. I did expect myself to be in a hysterical panic from day 1, but that never really happened. Although I am worried, it didn't get to the point where I'm all over the place. For some bizarre reason, I had this gut feeling that there's nothing to worry about and that he's safe. I have no idea if that's just my illusion thing working on myself to calm me down, but I do hope that whatever this is is correct. As I said, I have full trust and faith in my kid and I know he could handle himself well in most situations...I just hope he didn't end up mingling with the wrong people.

We still have no idea where he is right now, but two things are for sure - he disappeared on purpose and this person named Thomas Ripley has something to do with this.

My last 30 days revolved around finding out who this person is and trying to follow his tracks. It's surprising that this is the first time I ever heard of this man's name because apparently, he's already infamous and has a lot of enemies. My only excuse for not knowing him until this point is because he operates outside my radius. Of course, it's impossible for me to know everyone in this world.

But that having said, there is little to no information about him everywhere. Even Mycroft and Sherlock are clueless and can't get any kind of information about this mysterious man. It's like he lives in the shadows. Not one of my connections and even enemies can give me information about him. All that's known is - he's a criminal mastermind without a face.

But I'm going to put an end to that belief now.

My nonstop research and physical search had finally brought me somewhere useful. After days of just staring at a computer and talking to a lot of people, I finally got some news from a good friend that I've been longing to hear from.

"Hey, Ms. Holmes," Logan greeted from the other line that got me to smile, "Sorry, it took me so long to call, but I finally have news that might help you."

"You're such a heaven-sent, Logan," I genuinely said. 

Logan and I maintained our communication even after I left everything 10 years ago. He knows what happened to me and Declan knows him as well. There were even times where he visited us, and now that I think about it, he did it so frequently, but I never minded it. Declan loved his presence and having him around definitely helped me stay sane. Logan was still the same and he has still shown me signs of his interest. Once, I actually considered us again - that maybe this time it might work out, but then I stopped myself from doing it. It was obvious that I was still confused and grieving and shouldn't mistake my thankfulness for something more. I realized I shouldn't lie to myself with this and use his kindness for my gain.

It was so obvious that I'm still not over with......... and I will never be - the ring he gave that perfectly sits around my finger that I refuse to take off is a great indicator of that.

I did tell Logan that I can never reciprocate at that level and he respectfully accepted my decision. Logan and I remained good friends and I really do consider him as family. I think he feels the same way with us, that's why the moment he heard the news about Declan missing. He's gone all out just to help me.

"No need to sweet talk me, dear," he joked. I know he's just trying to calm me now. He knows how I've been working hard these past few weeks, "But to cut to the chase, I managed to get in touch with someone who might be right about Thomas Ripley's location. I'm sending the coordinates to you now, but Y/N, I'm not sure if this is a hundred percent true, okay? I'm also sending you the profile of the person who gave me this information. I know you can tell it by then if this is a lie or not."