The Big Apple

*Y/N's P. O. V. *

"Can you stop moving so much?" I'm currently cleaning James' gunshot wound, but the guy is acting like a toddler who can't stay put.

It's been days already and most of it had dried up, but some part still needs dressing up and cleaning.

"Don't blame me for your shaky hands, Y/N," he replied with sass, "In fact, it's shakier now compared to normal. Are you nervous or just excited to see me shirtless in bed? Calm down, love, we can't do it here because of the cameras around...unless that's your thing," he asked with a flirtatious smirk.

I rolled my eyes away from his stare and continued to do my work on his wound. Fortunately, as sick of a system as this is, Eurus gives us all we need after her games. The bullet that James put on himself was surgically removed after we won that night, and after a few days, he's good as new again...just with a new and physical hole on his chest.

It's still surreal to me that I managed to survive that night. I thought I'm finally going to die on the hands of this psychopath, but alas, I'm still kicking. The only problem now is for how long I will survive this environment.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I heard his voice which pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing. Just still thinking how I survived that night," I answered as I get a new piece of cotton to clean around the wound.

"I'm supposed to be the one who should have that sentiment, darling. I'm the one who got a bullet inside," James said with a smirk, sounding proud of himself for some sick reason

"A bullet to the head can't even kill you. What more can a bullet to the chest do to you?" I answered which made him shrug.

"Stop my heart?" he suggested which immediately got a chuckle out of me.

"As if you have one," I replied, "Besides, you were really going to kill me that night. A miracle just happened, that's why I'm still alive."

"So, your last words to when you pleaded me to kill you were genuinely your words of defeat?" he asked in a mocking tone.

"No. That was a plan. A very very idiotic plan. You know me, James. I don't give up just like that, if this plan didn't come to my mind, I would've fought you hard till my last breath," I stated.

"Congratulations on realizing that it was indeed a moronic plan, but, do tell...why consider doing it if you believe it's stupid?" James asked. It sounded like he was teasing and flirting, but I saw the genuine curiosity at the back of his emotion.

I sighed out my consideration of lying to him, "Well, it was the only plan I can think of and for some reason, I just have this immensely stupid faith in you that you really don't want me dead," I said while looking at him.

James chuckled because of my statement. I thought he'd still have a snarky remark, but he fell into silence. After I finished cleaning up the wound, I began to dress it again to let it heal on its own.

"Faith is a blind belief to something that doesn't have proof of existence, love," Out of nowhere, James began to talk to me again like I just answered him. This was a direct answer to what I said minutes ago, "That's not the right word for this one because the proof is right in front of you," he continued, placing his hand near his chest wound. 

But honestly, I'm not sure if he's pointing on the bullet wound or his heart.

~~~~~~~~~

*James' P.O.V.*