A Chemical Defect

*John's P.O.V.*

The moment we knew that we are safe to move, Sherlock and I hurried towards Y/N who's still laying on the ground, wincing in so much pain.  "Sherlock, lights!" I told Sherlock because I couldn't clearly see Y/N and her injuries. Without any hesitation, Sherlock ran and turned on the lights inside the library. 

I immediately examined her arms and yes they are indeed broken and she really is experiencing an unimaginable pain right now. 

"Sister, I know you have a low tolerance for pain, but fight it and just look at me," Sherlock said firmly the moment he got back to her. Y/N looked at him with a teary eye, she's must have been very weak to physical pain. "Doctor Watson, do what you must," Sherlock said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh god! I've felt much more pain before, Sherlock. But laying low for two years and just being normal made me all weak again!" She shouted.

"Just feel free to shout more, Y/N," I said and I suddenly pushed her arm back to its normal position as she screamed loudly.

"FUCK!" she exclaimed as I repositioned her broken arms.

"Words, Y/N," Sherlock said and he stood up. "We have to leave, I'll text George about what happened. John, bring my sister to St. Bart's Hospital, I trust you to not leave her alone. I...I must do something." he said, already having his phone in his hands and texting someone.

I nodded at Sherlock and helped Y/N stand up. "Where are you going?" I asked him.

"It's my business. Let's just meet on Baker Street, I'm going to invite our older brother for dinner," He began to walk away as he answered me. "Y/N, don't be stubborn and just stick with John if you don't want to die yet," he added before going out of sight.

"I have broken arms, I'm so vulnerable right now, why would I even bother," Y/N whispered with annoyance. She really looked pissed too, well, to be honest, I would be if I were her too.

Moriarty just played her under his hands while her brother was around. I could see Y/N being as prideful as Sherlock and John, and maybe that situation got to her. Knowing that she was able to fool Moriarty before, she's probably confident that she could do it all again and will have the upper hand, but that wasn't the case today, she was already being played by Moriarty.

I honestly still don't know what Y/N meant when she said she was with Moriarty before, I have no idea what work she did but I do know one thing, it's clear that Moriarty takes interest to this girl. I know that sick bastard, he would kill everyone who goes against him and having to know that Y/N fooled her, he might really want to kill her as soon as possible, but that wasn't the case. Maybe it's just like what he has for Sherlock, he would want to break them slowly.

"Sorry for putting your life in danger," Y/N suddenly said out of nowhere. We just got out of the library and now I can hear police sirens getting near. I was shocked at her saying that, but I just gave her a small smile.

"I've been living with your brother for years, Y/N. I'm used to it," I told her and as Sherlock said the day we met, this is what keeps me alive and going. Y/N smiled as we went into a cab to get to the hospital. Honestly, her arms are not in the good shape, she needs something to keep it from moving too much.

"First meeting with him and I almost lost my life already together with Sherlock and yours...what a great way to start his game." she said, "I shouldn't have laid low for two years, I don't even know how to fight back anymore,"

"It will get better, Y/N. We didn't expect what happened today, next time we--

"That's the problem, John. He's unpredictable, I'm having doubts now, maybe Sherlock is right, how am I different, how could I even think I'll be able to get to him again?" she said while looking out of the window. Now, I'm beginning to see the difference between her and the other two Holmes, she's more expressive...But then again, I remembered her skill, these expressions may all be a lie for all I know.