Going Home

I started writing this pretty much just for me and my friends (hi Hannah, hi Grace).

Didn't think anyone else would find or read this so if you are, thank you lol
The videos at the start of each chapter are ambient noise videos of what it would sound like around the characters at that point hehe
So from one Fred Weasley simp to another- enjoy!!

"Clara"

...

"Clara"

I reluctantly open my eyes and instinctively let out a massive yawn.

"Merlin Clara, you act like you haven't slept for years"

My eyes focus on the two redheads opposite me.

"Oh my sincerest apologies dear George, it seems we can't all have the same excited puppy energy you and Fred radiate 24/7" I retort.

They both just laugh at me, Fred gestures to my hair and raises an eyebrow.

Great it must be in a right state.

"I better go change into my robes and sort myself out then I suppose, reckon you two will manage not to blow up the compartment whilst I'm gone?" I ask the twins

"Can't make any promises Clar, you'll just have to come back and find out" Fred replied with a ridiculously large smile.

I shake my head at him as I grab my bag and make my way to the train bathroom.

Once I'm in my robes, I start fixing my hair in the mirror and really look at myself. I'm in 5thyear now and I'm going to be a prefect for Slytherin, which I realise sounds contradictory, but I've got to be a prefect if I want to be head girl eventually and believe me, I do.

My mother was head girl at Hogwarts of course she was a Gryffindor, a lot of head girls are. I don't plan on letting that bother or stop me though, Slytherin head girls are few and far between but I'm determined to become the exception (how very Slytherin of me).

My dad was head boy of his school too, or 'student body president' technically speaking. My dad grew up in New York and moved to London to work for the ministry as an American correspondent when he was in his 20's. That's where he and mum met.

I start putting my dark brown hair into a loose braid just to get it out my face and throw some mascara on as well as lip balm and some brown eyeliner to really bring out the blue in my eyes (at least that's what my friend Ophelia told me it did)

I head back to the compartment and find only Fred, looking out the window. I linger at the door observing him for a second, despite his tall and fairly muscular build he still manages to have this child-like essence to him. He constantly looks like a kid in a sweet shop, a very tall kid in a sweet shop. Sometimes I think that really is how he sees the world.

"are you waiting for an invite or something?" he looked at me puzzled, I sat opposite, joining him looking out the window.

"Woah Clar, have you put make up on? This to impress the Drumstag boys is it?" Fred asked

I frowned. "Yes, Freddie it's make-up, no it isn't for the drumstag boys." In truth, I forgot they were coming, along with the beauxbatons of course for the Triwizard tournament.

I must've looked more irritated that I meant to because as he looked back out the window I heard Fred say "oh, well either way it looks good, you look pretty"

I smile and look back out the window, making eye contact with Freds reflection

"Much better than that bedhead, drooling mess from 20 minutes ago" he said smiling back.