The Shy Girl-3

Ashton. POV.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. Who would have thought that the girl who has occupied my mind is right in front of me and is my bestfriend's sister. Richard knows about my love at first sight . But the thing is how I should explain this to her.

When I looked at her face I saw she held surprise ,confusion and guilt on her face. Then she said

"What kind of friend do you have Rick, who asks the girl on a date to whom he has seen for the first time."

"No. You misunderstood me. I saw you yesterday and I fell in love with you at that moment. Please give me a chance. I promise that I will be loyal to you." I told her with the truth in my eyes.

She looked at me and then at Richard and then she said"I need some time. I don't have any boyfriend . And I am not experienced in these things. So I will give you the answer later tonight."

After that she went to her parents. I wanted to go after her to explain my love to her but Richard stopped me. And then he said

"Ash ,let her be. She need time to think through about the things. She has never been with a boy before. In fact you were the only man apart from her family who has touched her."

After listening him I gave in. I was sad that she was not with me but the thought of me being her first boyfriend makes me happy and overpossesive of her.

Later that night when all the guests went back to their homes. Edwin called me. Throughout the party my gaze was on Emily. She was breathtaking. I think that everyone in the party must have noticed it. She was looking cute in her sneakers.

When I went to Edwin's office. When I entered there I saw Edwin and Cecelia sitting on the couch with Emily in between them. Richard was sitting on the chair in front of the table. Edwin looked at me and motions for me to come. I sat near Emily who was looking anywhere but me. Then Cecelia said by holding my hands

"Ash I know you will be mad. But we have decided that you and Emily should marry. We are your only living family. And we want you to settle down. Earlier we thought that you will find your girl but you didn't. Now Emily is also growing and we want someone trustworthy who can take care of our Emmi. You know she is very shy and only you can protect her. So what do you think? Rick told us that you like Emily. Is it okay with you? You guys can go on dates to get to know each other."

I never knew that God listens to your wishes. But I guess it does. I said

"I don't mind marrying her. But I guess we should ask Emily first."

"I will do what you guys think is best for me and I like Ashton." Emily said looking into my eyes. The cheers of approval were heard and everyone started hugging me and her. Even Mark and Suzie came and gave us their blessings. Earlier today when I came to know about her I asked Rick about her likes and dislikes. So I know Emily considers them as her best friends.

After that everybody went to their rooms to sleep I saw Emily going for a walk with Puck to their lawn. I followed her and saw her sitting on the bench and looking at the sky. The moonlight was illuminating her face. She has changed into a hoddy and her pants. I was also wearing hoddy and pj bottoms. I sat beside her and said

"I hope you are okay with our marriage. I really like you very much but I don't know about you. But I will do my best, just give us a chance. I know you are shy so if you don't like this marriage I will talk to your parents."

She looked at me and smiled. "As I said earlier I like you that is why I agreed to this marriage and I am ready to give us a chance." She replied and then said

"I admit that I was shy. But nobody ever had courage to say Hi to me."

I looked at her with different emotion which I never felt. We all thought she was shy but in reality she was alone. We  all assume that a shy person don't like to mingle but in reality they need us. We push them away from us and ignore then due to which they stay lone. I was feeling bad for her.

Then I saw her getting up and walking inside the house. Puck has already entered in the house. I moved fast, tugged her wrist and pulled her towards me. She slammed into me and I hugged her. She remained stiff for sometime and then she relaxed. She hugged me. We remained silent as if our silence was talking. We both were giving comfort to each other. And from that day I vowed to myself that I will never let her feel lonely. I will give her the love she deserves.