Chapter 17: Au Revoir (Jisoo)

I awakened to a soft little finger poking my cheek. "Unnie... please wake up," her whisper is a little ticklish. I cuddled my pillow and refused to open my eyes. "Unnie, let's have breakfast," she said in a low voice again. I peeked with my one eye and she giggled. She covered her mouth as soon as she noticed she made a sound. She's being careful not to wake up the giant baby who slept with us. I reached for Chaeyoung and gently tapped her shoulder just to receive a lazy stir from her end. "Jisoo unnie, lemme sleep some more," she mumbled.

I smiled at Niana and eventually got up. It's still 7 in the morning. I just want to correct myself earlier about Chaeyoung joining our slumber. It's the kid and I who slept with her in her bedroom. Lisa helped us up last night so Kavin will say yes to the little girl's request to spend the night with us. I don’t know what’s the deal between Lisa and Kavin but they seem awkward towards each other. 

“Unnie,” Niana tugged my hand and motioned to get up on me. Oh my God, why does she love to be carried around like this my small frame will collapse this early. Kidding. As soon as we walked out the bedroom door, the smell of bacon and kimchi rice made my stomach growl.

"Chan, do you usually cook her breakfast?" I'm really surprised to see Chanyeol flipping a pancake by the kitchen. I thought it was Jennie who went over and cooked for us. 

"Well, good morning to you too, Jisoo. Nope, it rarely happens. C'mon you two, have a seat."

"Oppa, can I have cereals?" Niana climbed down from me and ran towards Chanyeol. 

"Of course. Ask Jisoo to help you grab it for you." 

I swear, I'd forever ship this guy and my sister. The bitch gets so lucky, huh. "We'll be having lunch at Jennie's restaurant. Join us?"

"Nah... I have a client walking into the studio mid-day. I guess, it won't be finished till lunch. Just say hi to them for me. How do you like your egg, scrambled or sunny side up?”

“Scrambled and fluffy,” I smiled.

“Arasseo,” he immediately replied and got the mayonnaise from the fridge. You know, he moves freely in this unit. I wonder how often he hangs out here. Chaeng doesn’t talk about him much that’s why I’m curious.

“Thank you for taking care of my sister. I know she gets to be a handful sometimes.”

“I tell you she’s behaved already.”

“Character development?” He let out a hearty laugh and I noticed he smiles and laughs a lot more now. 

"You can say that.” He swiftly made my scrambled egg like a pro. In a jiffy, Nadech’s smiling face crossed my mind. I shook my head and buried his image in the back of mind. I shouldn’t be reminded of him. My little musing was interrupted by a cute voice. “Unnie, oppa. Join me?” We turned our gazes toward Niana who finished preparing her cereals and is ready to attack the bowl.

“Foodie.” Chan teased her.

//

//

Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Philippines

A pair of arms encircled my neck from the back and I clung unto them as soon as Kavin and Niana bid their final wave, "Are you okay, unnie?" It was Lisa. I don't get attach to people easily but the little girl made me feel emotions and I feel more alive: it's pain, regret, love, hope all at the same time. "Should I drive us home instead?" Jennie beside me fiddled my hair lovingly. We brought my car and since it's Friday, we're heading to our family home today. It's Jennie and Lisa's weekend schedule and I'm going to get a hang of it.