Chapter 16: Smitten (Rosé)

What else could not go wrong today? Oh my God, my head spins like crazy and I guess I'm about to puke again I don't think I still have something to let out. Mommy, send help!

"Look at you, the great Rosé can't even stay professional infront of the press."

"Loren, stay out of my sight idiot!" I massaged my temple.

Loren here is a singer-songwriter I'm collaborating with. He is really bringing out the monster in me. I spite him. He's too arrogant and full of himself. I can't believe that this country is paying so much attention on him.

So today, the agency I signed in decided to hold a press conference for the collab. You know how this thing gets.

“If being professional is giving in to your drama just so we will 'click,' I'm sorry but I'd rather be unprofessional. How dare you stir our past a while ago?” My head’s about to burst especially when I saw his annoying smirk. “Oh my God Loren, it has been ages haven't you moved on yet?!”

“There have been a lot of them after you so what are you talking about?”

“Oh, congrats then,” I retorted. I need to retreat from this conversation because it’s overly ruining my day. “So would you please stay out of my sight right now?”

The nerve of this guy to invade my standby room. He’s comfortably seated on the couch as if he owns the place. Can I say his gazes are making me uncomfortable right now?

"Rosie, here's something for your hangover." My manager finally broke in.

"This is really your fault," I said. I took the pill from her.

"Hey Loren, your manager's looking for you outside. Is there anything else we can help you with?" That’s her way of shooing him away.

"None that I know of."

"Alrighty. Please get out now,” she blatantly asked of him. I saw Loren’s smug face turned into a serious one.

"Hey chipmunk, see you soon."

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes on him and he left with a grinning face. Ugh! Really annoying!

"Why didn't you tell me you were a thing before?"

"Oh please, I told you last night but you were drowning yourself with alcohol."

"Oh? Haha my bad!"

"And if my memory serves me right, you drank more than I did so why am I the only one suffering now like it’s the end of the world?"

"That's because I did something afterwards that took the alcohol out of my system.” Oh my God, those wiggling eyebrows. The last time she did that, I found out she slept with a stranger.

I eyed her with suspicion and she snapped her fingers, telling me to drop the topic. "Never mind. C'mon, let's go to the recording studio."

"I wanna go home."

"Already?!” Her voice raised. "Hey! You still have a schedule today. Get up and fix yourself."

This is why I hate Mondays! It's always jam packed with media engagements.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror one last time and got up to get my bag.  Someone’s calling me. I’m not surprised though. The caller’s been ringing me every day since she got back to her pad. "Jisoo-unnie, what's up?"

"I'm sorry to bother you Chaeng but I need help. Will you be available around 2 PM?"

"2PM? I dunno... lemme check with my manager."