Chapter 11: Deciphered (Jennie)

// for angeltenshi06 //

.
.
.

Are you still up?

A message popped up while I’m reading a new e-book. Someone’s having a hard time falling asleep, eh?

I keyed in “I’m asleep” just to tease Jisoo.

What a talented creature. Replying to sms even when asleep.

Haha what is it ba?

Can I come in?

Huh? She’s at the door already? “Come on in unnie! It’s not locked!” I never lock my door, fyi.

Seeing Jisoo in pyjamas is really cute. “Hi. I’m gonna disturb you tonight I hope it’s fine.”

“As if I have a choice? Kidding!” I tapped my bed, “Here.”

She’s holding her pillow so it seems she’s really sleeping over. “What can I do for you, boss JK?”

She had this shy smile, oh please. She's the youngest CEO in the world and the most humble.

“I figured we’ve been together every day since you arrived so I’m trying to suck all your positivity up right now just to stay sane. I always adore you, Ruby Jane, how do you do that?”

“Do what? Positivity? Hmmm… I eat a lot.”

“Alright. Guess I need to start pigging out tomorrow.”

She’s trying to sound funny but nope, she can’t do it this time. “I missed you like this." I sensed that her walls are all rolled down. "C’mon, you can tell me anything.”

She’s playing with her hands and when she buried her face in the pillow, I knew she’s losing it. I’m grateful though. She can pour it all out tonight and I’d stay listening to her, just like the old times.

.
.
.

They say that only our pillows know the amount of emotion that we hide from the world.

In Jisoo’s case, I’d agree but you know, it hits different right now. I never imagined she’s going through something I thought she’s over with. I grabbed the pillow from her, put it aside and I hugged her with all my might, “Just cry it all out. I'm here.”

She lost her baby with Nadech a week before she went home for Chaeng’s major concert. My sister was fucking pregnant and we didn’t know about it. My world just collapsed.

“Did you really love him?”

“Yes.”

“But why did you not tell him you were conceiving his child?”

“We already broke up when I discovered I’m pregnant.”

“You know,” I sucked a deep breath before I continued and asked her what has been blinding me in her issue all this time, “Why did you even broke up? I’m sorry but, I need to understand everything here.” I am already crying with her. My heart aches not just for my sister but for the little angel that we’ve lost. Oh honey, I would love you forever.