Chapter 1: Walking On Sunshine (Rosé)

////////

© 2020 m

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage or retrieval system without express written permission from the writer.

Author's Note:

The story you are about to read is work of fiction or basically not based on actual events. The names, places, events, organizations and some other things that will be mentioned in the story are used fictitiously. I do not own any soundtracks used all throughout the narrative. I do not own the rights of the pictures that have been used for the cover photo and its chapters.

/////////

Summer, 2019

It's when you spend the day quietly that you actually realize whether you're full or empty inside.

I haven't been sleeping lately nor been seeing my family but everything in my life seems to fall perfectly fine. In just a few days, I will be living a dream. My first major concert is about to kick off that's why I was all over the place for the last three months. It's the difficult phase I had to endure. And now that I awaken from a decent slumber, I know that I am full.

My day would usually start with me checking my phone or waking to an alarm or being dragged by my manager while I rub the sleep off my eyes but not today. I could have rolled and rolled over my bed and stretch more but the new flowerpots behind the glass door to my terrace seemed to invite me for a peaceful morning date as I marvel at the clear sky. It's a fair day today, I gulped the fresh urban air. Welcome home to me. 

I love how quiet it is. My musing's at its finest over this refreshing detox drink I found inside the fridge. The last time I checked, I don't have a mini ref in my bedroom. I could only smile and thought I'd better ask later, though an idea popped up my head. I just missed my room that I'll be camping in for a while.

By the way, are you a sunrise or a sunset type of individual? They say that a preference between the two says a lot about a person. Hmmm... I am a lover of sun for sure because summer is my favorite season. I find the sun beautiful in whatever state. So, what does it make me now? I'm just going to think about it next time. I am a morning woman but I'm sure it won't make me a less of a sunset person, too. Is it possible to be both?

Speaking of the sun, this drink is so good that I mistook it for tequila sunrise at first glance. If not for the note, I'd end up leaving it rested inside because I don't drink alcohol. 

I was given three days of full rest, so I drove all the way home. I had to recharge, and I won't be able to do that if I stay in my place as I wait for the day of the final technical rehearsal. There's actually more to it. I'm missing my family so damn much! My older sister will be arriving today in her pursuit to surprise me, but I'll be surprising her instead. There are four of us offspring of the beautiful couple Gregory and Alessandra Knotsford and I'm the third child. Yesterday, when mom started her sentence with "Chaeyoung, you have to get home" over the phone, I knew someone's up for a surprise. And I was right! I bribed our youngest sister just so she could spill the tea to me and voila! She ended up blurting with excitement. Among us four, our eldest lives abroad and she seldom goes home. Her name is Jisoo.