Chapter 2: Movie Night (Jennie)

I'm sure Jisoo is trying her best not to talk about business right now. It's not always possible that all our schedule is a dead-on. Whenever times like this happen, we put our busy lives behind. It's a good thing to destress.

Time flies by so fast. Our parents used to tell us that family comes first. There are times that we find ourselves being pulled to different directions but we always find our way home. The mansion located in a suburb up north has always been our happy place. I go home every weekend. Lisa, too. Not until she got the promotion lately. She's into digital marketing and since their company's expanding, she's even busier now. There are weekends that we miss her around. She runs a taekwondo school here as well.

The four of us have grown in our responsibilities but our parents won't treat us like adults. Mom would still cry every time one of us leave for abroad. Dad would flood us with messages everyday. But hey, we're not complaining.

Our family's business is actually a broadcasting company inherited by my dad. It used to be small but during my father's time, it prospered enormously. KBC (Knotsford Broadcasting Channel) is the fastest growing broadcasting company in Thailand. Now under my sister's leadership, Jisoo, KBC became a household name, too. Jisoo is just 27 but is already a monster in her field since college. She's been accelerated thrice and was trained by my father at a very young age. She would tell me that she discovered the wisdom behind starting to get big responsibilities at a young age. AND that is to eventually to retire young like Daddy.

Our father married a South Korean-Thai-Filipina ballerina. Their love story is for the books! I'll reserve it for next time though.

Since our transfer here in the Philippines the moment Lisa reached High School, our parents always remind us of the golden rule: Don't do unto others what you don't want others do unto you. They are our best values education mentors. The best parents in the world. My father speaks English at home even when we were still in Thailand that's why all of us speak the language up to now. We went to an international school, too. Dad would love to save his mother tongue. Mom's a language genius so there wasn't any problem at all. Perks of coming from a multi-culture household.

"You've been clinging like a koala," Dad eyed Chaeng who's comfortably sticking to Jisoo. Jisoo looked fine with it though, unbothered as she enjoys her popcorn. We are in the living room watching Frozen 2.

"Daddy is jealous again," Chaeng smiled and gets mom's attention, "Jisoo unnie is mine today, can you hug daddy for me, mom please?" Mom shakes her head yet does what she's been told.

All of us missed Jisoo so much but we missed Chaeng too. Her celebrity status is big like the sun that we can't get a hold of her in as much as we want to. So whatever the two of them request right now, we gladly abide.

Did I mention Jisoo's academic and corporate reputation? Yup, that big yet she enjoys animated films like a baby. Ask her to say Elsa and Anna's lines and she'd giddily comply.

Someone tugged the hem of my shirt. "Jennie, do you find Olaf cute?" Lisa looked up to me with a grin in her face.

"Yes, he is." This girl. She can already kick assess but still baby-talks. "Do you want to lay your head on his lap instead on mine? Because I think I can't feel my legs right now."

"But I like how you fiddle my hair," she pouted.

"Oh my God, don't give me that face. Alright, stay like that and let's continue to watch."

Jisoo hushed us two, so we shut up. "Love you!" Lisa replied in unison.

"Love you too," Jisoo said without looking.

And just like that, we let ourselves enjoy the movie again.

.
.
.

Am I on a swing? Why do I feel light?
I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling. Wait...

Oh my God, I fell asleep. "Hey Lisa, put me down. It's okay."

"We're in your room already. You should've wakened up before I climbed up the stairs," she grunts, "God, you're heavier now." She laid me down.

"What took you so long," Jisoo's cheeky smile greeted me. Aha! So Jisoo and Chaeng are here too? Yeah yeah, they all love my room.

Chaeng threw a pillow at me, "Sleepy head! The night is young, Jen, c'mon!"

"So tell me, why are you here? Aren't you tired yet?" I asked the three of them and they all shook their heads.

"Unnie, how to start this up?" Lisa tried to figure out how the buttons on my massage chair work. "I should get one for my room."

I stood up and helped her settle. She squealed when she started to descent.

"Are you going to put Lisa there overnight?" Chaeyoung asked which earned her a swat on her arm from Jisoo. "Oh? You're like Lalisa. Why did you do that?"

"You're going to start again, "Jisoo answered. "You know how the two of you fight. It'd be endless."

Jisoo is right though. Once Chaeng provokes Lisa, the latter doesn't bug down, and they will end up pestering Jisoo until we take sides.

"Jennie, please stop this machine." Lisa told me.

"Already?"

"Please?"

I pressed stop and she calmly approached Chaeyoung. "I'll put you on the massage chair now. I know you're tired."

"I sometimes don't trust your sudden kindness, Lisa."

"I'm serious. I'd be massaging Jennie's and Jisoo's feet, so you take the massage chair." 

Oh my God, I hope Chaeng won't fall for this. I saw that mischievous smile for a bit. Lisa must be up for something again.

"Alrighty," Chaeng gave in and Lisa helped her get to the massage chair.

"Jennie, help me start this up," Lisa asked me again but I taught her instead, so she'll know how to operate it next time.

The three of us were quiet as we look at Chaeng enjoying the comfort. Calm before the storm, I thought to myself.  The moment that machine adjusted to lay its serviced person down on her back, just when Chaeng closes her eyes, Lisa tickles Chaeng nonstop and the latter struggled to break free! Her arms and legs are strapped so it's not easy to do it. I knew Lisa has an intention! I'm never wrong about her.

Jisoo grabbed me. "Jennie, let's go get some macaroons downstairs."

"Huh? But..." I stared at our two youngests. 

"Unnie don't leave me here! Hahaha Lisa you crazy lil devil, stop tickling me!!!"

Jisoo pulled my arm, and we left the room, trusting that the two will stop eventually and follow us downstairs.