Chapter 9: Dating Ban (Rosé)

“What am I, a teenager?”

Sometimes I have to speak my mind especially during times like this when the management’s treating me like a minor. I don’t need a body guard for heaven’s sake! Not when I’m going out of the country and spend time with my family.

“You know what, sweetie? I don’t get you. The big boss is concerned and this is a perk, okay? Not everyone’s being offered with this.”

“That’s the other point. Don’t you think that the management’s playing favorites here? I’m not the only artist in the agency. I hate it when others make me feel like I’m not one of them. All of us are working hard so no one deserves to be maltreated.”

“That’s not maltreatment, dear. Be careful with that remark.”

“We know better. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the all the love the ups are giving me especially for allowing me a to have a long break.”

“I know that believe me. You’ve worked so hard Rosé dear and you deserve the nod to take a long break.” My manager sighed and picked up her bag, “Alright, enough with this. If you don’t want the body guard then no body guard it is. I need to head back to the company and explain to boss. You sure you don’t want me to drive you to the airport?”

I swayed my head. “I’m fine.”

She walked towards me and bid good bye. I hugged her. “I promise, you’ll get Nadech’s autograph when I get back.” She slightly pushed me and smiled. She blushed too haha!

“You better keep your promise or you’ll be sorry.”

“Whoa! Are you threatening me right now?”

“Of course.”

“The audacity! Right right… I’m getting it by hook or by crook.”

“Also, ask your sister why did she break up with him.”

I rushed to usher her to the door. “I’m sorry but I’m not doing that.”

“Nagbabakasali lang makalusot.”

I scoffed and abruptly sent her off really, “Bye! See you in a month!”

My sisters and I are pretty close but when it comes to Jisoo-unnie’s love affair, we don’t usually ask her about it. We just wait till she opens up. Her last boyfriend, Nadech, whom we call Nadech oppa, was actually quite a catch that we thought they’re end-game. It’s not that we were shocked when we knew they broke up because we’re used to Jisoo’s love life trend already, but we were really sad because Nadech became close to our family. I think she’s the only guy (out of the many) Jisoo-unnie introduced to our parents.

My manager knows him because she's a Thai series fan and she's obsessed with Nadech in My Love From The Star.

A  message on my phone popped up just when I was about to enter the bedroom.

From
Manager Xaxa:

Let me remind you about the dating ban.

What’s wrong with her? Before I could even reply, the doorbell went crazy. The nerve with this guy to press it non-stop.

“Are you ready?”

“What’s the point of you ringing the doorbell if you’re getting in anyway?” I asked him with a stern look.