Chapter 10: Coffee and Us (Jisoo)

“Why are they talking about a celebrity’s underarm? Seriously, these netizens.” Jennie’s shaking her head while browsing the internet. If Chaeng shuts her world from social media whenever on break, Jennie can't do that.

The four of us are in a coffee shop because Lisa requested to check this one out. It’s the newest Paris-themed coffee shop in Bangkok.

Lisa snatched Jen’s iPad away, “This just stresses you. We’re here to chill. Don’t you love this place?”

“Oh, sorry Lili.”

Jennie will just show that pout and everyone go soft right away. Lisa squinted though she gave her back her iPad.

“Jen, what are we going to order?” I ask her.

“Lisa seems to know what to order since she’s treating us,” Chaeng answered instead and winked.

“Oh you’re mistaken," Lisa playfully tapped the table and shoot me a look. "Jisoo-unnie’s paying today. My card’s in the car.”

I rolled my eyes at her. This brat. “My wallet’s in the car.”

“What now?” Jennie’s laughing already while Chaeyoung’s jaw dropped. “Don’t you have your wallet with you too, Roseanne?” she asked her in
a low voice, careful not to be heard by other customers sitting nearby. Chaeyoung leaned forward and whispered, “I put my wallet inside Jisoo’s bag.”

Jennie waved her hand to call the crew’s attention. The guy seemed surprise to see her. It’s obvious that he recognized her right away.
“Are you ready to order, Miss Knotsford?” Oh, the guy speaks fluent english ha.

Jennie asked for their best sellers and ordered them for us. Lisa had add-ons though and I could just pinch her side. The nerve of this girl bringing us all here without the intention of paying for us.

"It's okay," Jennie reassured us when she saw me shoot daggers at Lisa.

"Unnie, even if we don't have money, Jennie's presence can buy all the yummy snacks that we want here. She's too famous that even the owner can pay for us just because we're with Jennie Knotsford the GLOBAL ICON," the brat reasoned, emphasizing Jen's title . What is Ruby Jane, a walking card now?

I looked around and saw people admiring my sister, some are even secretly taking photos. Lisa might be right to brag about it this time. 

“The crepe is on the house, Miss Knotsford,” the crew politely said as he served our snacks.

“Oh, thank you. That’s sweet of you guys. Tell the owner that you have such a nice place. Congratulations!”

He gave her a timid smile. This guy’s smitten. Obviously. He excused himself as he still need to serve us Jennie's take out for mom and dad. 

“Coffee shops always smell good,” Chaeng declared. She’s the most coffee addict among us. “Don’t you think we should have our own coffee shop?”

That hit me. “That’s a good idea but knowing how we’re being pulled to different directions now, I think that’d tough for us four to handle.”

“Not when we have Chef Jennie to lead and mentor us,” Lisa confidently said as she sipped her milk tea. (Yes, she’s not into coffee but she
knew her sisters are so... yeah.)

“But do you want to venture with it, too?” Jennie challenged Lisa.

“If you girls are in it, I’d do it in a heartbeat.”