Chapter 14: Poet in Proximity (Jennie)

dedicated to @Jiggie000

~●~

Bangkok, Thailand

“We’re basically like best friends. How dare him not tell me he’s here.”

Lisa scrunched her nose. I guess she was about to speak but decided to just swallow her words. Instead, she closed her eyes and put her head on my shoulder. “Lis, you could’ve just let me do this alone. I know you miss your work already.”

She didn’t say a thing again. I bet she’s really sleepy. We actually pulled an all-nighter because Chaeyoung insisted. That explains that lack of sleep.

“Where to, Miss?”

“Siam Kempinski Hotel.” I remember, we still didn’t tell the driver where we are going. “Your English is excellent,” I told him and he coyly smiled, “Thank you, Miss.”

“Lisa…”I gently tapped her leg.

“Hmmm? Are we there yet?”

“Nope. Lisa, isn’t Siam Kempinski the city-resort adjacent to Sa Pathum Palace?”

“It is. Is Kavin there?”

“Yeah.”

“Rich kid.”

“He said he’ll meet us up in ALATi.”

“That’s great because I’m starving.”

“My shoulder’s getting numb.”

“Bear with this sleepy head I’m paying for our meal.”

“Silly. What is this, an exchange deal?”

“He didn’t you send you a photo?”

“Nope. He said, he’ll be the one to approach us.”

“You sent him your photo instead?”

“My identity was never a secret to him.”

“Oh, right.”

Lisa rubbed the sleep off her eyes and sat straight. “So how are you feeling? Are you still nervous?”

“I think so. Getting involved online can make that first in-person meeting feel a bit weird.”

“Just manage your expectations.”

“Of course.”

The taxi dropped us a few minutes after and Lisa offered her wide brim hat, “You might need this.”

“Nah.. I’m okay.”

“You sure it’s okay? You might see yourself on an article tonight with the caption ‘Jennie Knotsford: Spotted on a Date with an unknown specie’ you want that?”

“Hahaha you’re crazy! I’m with you so I don’t think there’d be a fuss. Are you really starving or what?”

“Try to be tedious sometimes, Ruby Jane. You’re just excited to see Kavin and you’re making my stomach as an excuse to flash walk inside. You are so obvious, my God! You trigger my allergies.”