Purple (Prinxiety)

October 11th, 2020
A/N: Yes, I am currently still freaking out about the new episode. There are spoilers ahead, obviously lol, I'm literally not okay lol

Roman had noticed. Of course he did, how could he not? When they had returned home from the mall, the anxious Side's eyeshadow was purple. He would've said something, but he'd been too busy freaking out over their successful introduction to Nico Flores. The makeup had between black and purple during their conversation. It had settled back into black by the time they were sinking out.

Once he'd returned to his room, he began to pace. He felt like he had too much energy and too many ideas. Being the romantic Side, he was already brainstorming date ideas for Thomas and Nico for the future. He wanted to do this right.

The prince's thoughts drifted to Virgil as he walked back and forth. He still couldn't believe that he'd pushed Thomas to approach the cute boy. After how adamant he'd been about not wanting to talk to him, not wanting to wing-it, Virgil had done just that. He put Thomas out there, against his nature and his instincts. Why had he done it?

A frown crossed his face. He hadn't asked him why before they parted ways to go back to their rooms. He'd thanked him and told him he'd been brave, he forgot to ask what had pushed him to push Thomas.

Roman is Creativity. He's a naturally curious Side. He wants to try new things and experiment with new ideas. It was  unbearable for his questions to go unanswered. This is what led him toward Virgil's room. He paused in front of the door, swallowing. For the first time, he actually noticed the stickers that covered it. His eyes widened as he recalled Virgil's words. Stickers were a way to talk about oneself without actually talking. Sure, he knew Virgil, but he still let his gaze wander over the different stickers.

There were several Nightmare Before Christmas stickers, emo band logos, and other things he knew about Virgil already. There was a sticker that caught his eye.

Roman was a Disney fanatic. He knew every word to every song from every movie that Disney had ever made; well, almost all of them if he was honest. Being the biggest part of Thomas that loved Disney, he expected the other Sides not to know as much about films. He'd been proven wrong a few years ago when Virgil had debated with him about the messages Disney movies sent, but he'd always thought that the anxious Side didn't know as much as he did regardless. The sticker he was staring at proved him wrong once again.

It was a sticker of a moon with two distinct figures of lions leaning against each other. The mane of the male was too dark to be Simba and the female's fur was too yellow to be Nala. His widened as he read the swirling lyrics wrapped around the top.

Love Will Find A Way

The prince felt his cheeks warm. This sticker was from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. It was Simba's daughter Kiara and her love interest, Kovu. They shared a beautiful song called Love Will Find A Way. He'd always liked that film despite it being a direct-to-home-video sequel. Most of the sequels Disney had produced were awful, but there were a couple that were actually good. He had no idea that Virgil even knew about the film.

Swallowing, he knocked on the anxious Side's door. "Come in?" he called, sounding a bit puzzled.

"Hey Virge!" Roman started as he opened the door. He flashed a smile and closed the door behind him. He received a small smile from Virgil in response, but there was clear confusion in his eyes. "I wanted to ask you something... uh, why did you actually push Thomas at the mall?"

"Oh, uh..." he managed, cheeks flushing. He swallowed; he refused to let himself lie after chewing Thomas out for doing the same thing. "I couldn't bear to see you look so... defeated. It was heartbreaking. I just had to do something... You work too hard to look so broken and sad. You try so hard to achieve Thomas' dreams and aspirations and you've grown so much since I left the Dark Sides. I just... You don't deserve to look sad. You deserve to look the way you did at Nico and Thomas."

Roman was absolutely speechless. He hadn't been expecting the anxious Side to spill his heart to him, but with how much they'd been hounding Thomas for lying, he should've expected more.

His cheeks flushed red as his words hit him. Virgil thought he deserved happiness. He thought he deserved love. He thought that he worked hard and that he'd grown. He couldn't believe how touched he felt. Virgil was the last person he'd have expected to feel that way toward him after all he'd put him through. His eyes welled up with slight tears as a grin broke out across his face.

"Virgil, you can't just say things like that, I'm already emotional about today!" he gasped, reaching up to wipe his eyes. "Would you mind if I kissed you? Cause I really want to."

Virgil flushed bright red all over. He hadn't expecting that. "W-Well, I guess you could kiss my cheek or something if that would make you feel better?"

Roman crossed the room faster than lightning. He sat down next to the emo and grabbed his cheeks gently as he pulled him toward him. He planted a kiss to the anxious Side's cheek, dramatically making a kissing noise as he pulled away. He beamed as Virgil sat in shock.

Slowly, the black eyeshadow beneath his eyes turned purple once more. The prince let out a squeal of delight. "Oh yay! Your eyeshadow turned purple!"

"Oh my god this is embarrassing," Virgil managed, trying to cover his face.

"No you don't my precious emo, I need to kiss you more!" he exclaimed. He pulled Virgil's hands away and pressed quick kisses all over both of his cheeks. The purple eyeshadow glistened as the anxious Side let out small giggles. Roman pressed their foreheads together. "Thank you so much Virgil, for everything you did today. You're so brave."

He flushed again as the purple eyeshadow glistened a little more. "Thanks Roman, I... that means a lot coming from you."