What's Your Favorite Number? (Prinxiety)

September 9th, 2019
Requested by RebeYerfdog
A/N: I'm attempting to update more frequently! Also remember that if you place a request, you'll only receive the notification for it if your username remains the same as when you put the request in.

Typically, staying in character as a Disney prince is very easy for Roman. It was almost like he was born to play the part of a charming young royal, so smiling and waving or cheering up a crying child was easy for him to accomplish without so much as a flinch on his part.

Allow me to tell you the story of the one time he came closest to breaking character. It wasn't because of a vomiting kid or overly flirtatious girl, no; it was because of a cute boy.

Roman heaved a sigh as he straightened his hair between meetups. He was in the dressing room with the other princes, who were chatting away about interactions they'd had so far. He didn't have time to partake today but he overheard one of them telling the rest about a very pretty girl who had been flirting with him.

The young man rolled his eyes as he exited the dressing room; these heterosexuals often confused him with their desires to have the women swooning over them.

He made his way to his meet and greet, getting into character as he walked beside his escort in the employee tunnels. He warmed up his voice and spoke in his accent to make sure he was ready. By the time he and his escort had reached the exit into the park, he knew he was ready.

Walking through the park to the meet and greet was sometimes stressful. He was never sure if someone would try and tackle him or something. Though he knew that the escort was with him to prevent that from happening, Roman couldn't shake the alertness he felt as he waved at guests.

There was already a line waiting for him when he arrived at his meet and greet area. Being Flynn Rider, he was located near Rapunzel's tower in the Magic Kingdom, in between Liberty Square and FrontierLand.

Putting on his most handsome smolder, he prepared to greet his fans.

Roman's meet and greet went how it usually ended up going. Lots of kids with autograph books, lots of giggly women who had clearly grown up in Disney Parks; there was nothing extraordinary about this batch of people.

That's when a little boy and a young man about his age walked up to meet him.

"Greetings!" he said, turning to look at them when he faltered. The young man was hot as hell, with dark purple bangs that hung in front of his eyes and tight, ripped black jeans. He swallowed and quickly recovered, addressing the little boy. "How are you today young man?"

The boy resembled his older companion in that he had fair skin and the same brown hair, only his hadn't been dyed purple. "I'm great mister! I'm on vacation with my big brother!" he exclaimed excitedly.

"What's your name?" Roman asked, making a mental note of the connection.

"I'm Luis!" the little boy replied with a smile. He then turned to his brother and said something he couldn't hear. The young man nodded to him with a tiny, almost unnoticeable quirk of his lips. Luis turned back to him. "That's Virgil, my big brother!"

The princely man flashed a smile at Virgil, who nodded to him with a slight smile of his own.

Oh my god I have to figure out how to get his number, Roman thought frantically. His heart was racing in his chest just looking at him. How do I ask for his phone number when a prince wouldn't know what a phone is?! And I have to talk to the kid cause that's my job! Wait... the kid!

He got an idea, kneeling down to address Luis with a charming smile. "Hey Luis, would you like to hear a real, Flynn Rider secret?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes. The boy nodded excitedly and rose up on his tippy toes to hear. Roman leaned in close and cupped his mouth with his hand. "I'm really good at math. After all, you've got to be when you're counting your gold all day!"

The boy giggled happily and he continued. "Could you do me a huge favor?"

"Sure! What can I do for you, mister Flynn Rider?" Luis asked excitedly. The princely man leaned in and murmured in his ear. The boy nodded when he pulled away and turned to his brother. "What's your favorite number, Virgil?"

The darkly dressed young man looked confused. "My favorite number?" he repeated, looking toward Roman. He locked eyes with him and looked at him with intent. When his eyes narrowed a little, he took a risk and flashed a brief wink. Virgil's eyes widened in realization and his cheeks began to grow faintly pink. He knelt down to murmur something to his brother, who nodded and dug into his little bag for something. He handed his big brother a slip of paper and a pen. It took him a few seconds to jot down his phone number. He then smiled at Luis and pressed the paper into his hand. "Give this to him okay?"

"Okay! Here you go!" he exclaimed, turning to Roman and giving him the slip of paper.

Virgil and Roman's eyes met again knowingly as they said goodbye. The princely man slipped paper into his vest pocket and turned to greet the next guest with a much more authentic smile than he'd given all day.

Later that afternoon as gathered his things for the day, he whipped out his phone a sent a little text to the number he'd been given. The reply came through about minute later.

Virgil: what's your favorite number? really?

A grin spread across his lips as he typed back a reply.

Roman: You try asking for someone's phone number when you're not supposed to know what a phone is!

Request Reference