All It Takes Is A Little Logic (Platonic Analogical)

December 30th, 2018
Requested by EchoNonBinary

Logan's POV:

It can be said, that when Patton discovered Virgil suffered from insomnia, he literally freaked out. I was simply reading in the common room when he started yelling from across the Mind Palace. 

"LOGAN!!" he screamed, making me leap to my feet as I closed my book and tucked it under my arm. I rushed into Virgil's room, seeing the two of them both perfectly fine. I let out a sigh of relief, having thought they were in danger or injured or worse. I made a mental note to tell Patton not to scream that way unless the situation seriously called for it in the future. "Virgil has INSOMNIA!"

The anxious Side looked at me, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, I've had it all my existence, I don't know why he's freaking out so much," he informed me as he sat down on his bed. He turned back to the moral Side. "Patton, calm down."

"No! You need to sleep!!" he yelled, rushing out of the room and returning with steaming sleep inducing tea. "Drink this, it should make you drowsy."

I sat down on the bed beside Virgil as he reluctantly took the steaming cup of tea from Patton. He rolled his eyes at me over the rim of the cup, making me raise an amused eyebrow. "I'm not tired," he said as he put the tea on his bedside table. I chuckled, skeptical. "I'm not tired."

"Virgil, whether you feel it or not, you're more than likely exhausted," I said to him as I laid against the headboard with my book. "You didn't get any sleep last night, did you?"

He shook his head guiltily as he scooted up next to me and laid back against the pillows. Patton returned with a bottle of melatonin, shaking out two small pills and handing them to the anxious Side. "Take these," he instructed, moving across the room and turning on The Nightmare Before Christmas. "You should feel drowsy in about twenty minutes."

"And if I don't?" Virgil questioned, sounding bored as he relaxed against the pillows more. 

"Then I'll make you some soup and read you a freaking bedtime story!" he snapped, looking frustrated as he sat down on the carpet, waiting for the anxious Side to fall asleep. Forty-five minutes into the movie, Virgil wasn't asleep and the moral Side leapt to his feet, looking desperate. "Why won't you just sleep already?!"

I rolled my eyes as Patton ran out of the room. "Are you refusing to sleep purely to irritate him at this point, or are you actually unable to sleep?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow at him. 

"Eh, a bit of both," he said with a shrug. 

I raised one of my hands up to his head, gently massaging his skull. His eyes went wide and then fell closed as he sighed peacefully. Being the logical Side had perks, like having infinite knowledge at my fingertips; in this case, I knew where the best places were to massage in order to make him relax. He sighed happily, emitting a purr-like rumbling from his chest. I smiled in satisfaction as he slipped down so that his head was laying on my lap, continuing my motions as his breathing evened out. 

"Are you kidding me?" Patton mumbled as he walked back in with soup, pouting. I looked up, eyes wide. "Everything I tried didn't work..."

"Patton, that's nothing, he's just stubborn," I reassured him. "It took some more... physical persuasion. I could teach you how to give massages if you wish, that way you could use it on him in the future if you're having difficulty getting him to rest."

He looked thoughtful, pursing his lips. "Yeah, that'd be nice," he said, a smile slowly coming back onto his face. 

"What the hell is going on?" Roman said tiredly as he entered the room with a confused expression. I shared a knowing look with Patton, smiling with a shake of my head as he giggled. "All I've been hearing for the past hour is him yelling at Virgil about sleep or something?"

"It's nothing Roman, now go back to your room before you wake up the little shadowling," the moral Side shushed, pushing the prince out of the room with a wink my direction. 

Request Reference